Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-01-2012, 09:27 AM
The Littlest Hound

I have a degree in animal bioscience, but my grades weren't good enough for vet school... currently I'm working as a vet tech, so yes, I'm sort-of-kind-of using my degree...

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug (5/2004 - 3/2014)
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 06-01-2012, 09:46 AM
aka RedHotBabe

I went to school for graphic design, got a job doing graphic design, and I hated it. So now I'm in school for something else, lol. Going to school for art and having to use it in a professional environment made me hate it.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Kaydee

I have a BA in English, with honors no less...unfortunately the teaching profession has had a complete overhaul in the tri-state area. The educators who haven't been part of the layoffs are facing all kinds of grief trying to hold on to their jobs. Teaching out of state or inner city is an option, with long commutes and/or being a probation officer while teaching.

Journalism is a starving industry too and ummm, librarian...more state cutbacks, hour cutbacks and hiring freezes. Special Ed would be require more credits...and I live with a special needs kid who can imitate "The Annoying Orange" perfectly, oy that I want a whole class of that??? It would be ultimately rewarding but maybe I'm not that much of a glutton for punishment...

I work for a hardware chain, good hours and minimal supervision, chat with people all day and haul garden supplies here and yon...enjoy the physical activity and the pay is way decent. All my degree left me was a deep understanding of 14th century literature and a hundred years of student loans to pay back...sigh