Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Agility and Dog Sports

Old 05-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Puppy Dog

Actually it was our 4th trial, but the first one we got a Q in standard at (we have Q's in some of the games, like Colors and Wildcard), but nothing in Standard! At our first couple trials she totally would not get up on the A-Frame or Dog walk (new place I guess) and at the last one *I* screwed up and so we lost the Q. This time we both did well enough to get it!

I think that Cool Coat you're recommending is the one they sell on Clean Run? It looks good so I'll definitely check it out! I feel like she needs SOMETHING to keep her cooler in this weather. In the winter she's the dog who is fine with nothing on while the rest all shiver in their big heavy coats, but the summer she's the one who's dragging.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
I highly recommend the Saratoga Horseworks Cool Coat (sold elsewhere as Cool Coat as well). I have one for Meg, and Gusto is getting one ASAP as well. With the dark dogs, it does one heck of a job just keeping them from absorbing so much heat from the sun. Using it dry, Meg's back will feel cool under it even if we can't find shade right by the ingate. I keep it on her until the dog ahead of us is on course. When it is really hot, I dunk it in water and keep it in the cooler.
Thanks for the info!
Old 05-25-2012, 03:39 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
She's such a pretty girl! Congrats on your first trial.

I highly recommend the Saratoga Horseworks Cool Coat (sold elsewhere as Cool Coat as well). I have one for Meg, and Gusto is getting one ASAP as well. With the dark dogs, it does one heck of a job just keeping them from absorbing so much heat from the sun. Using it dry, Meg's back will feel cool under it even if we can't find shade right by the ingate. I keep it on her until the dog ahead of us is on course. When it is really hot, I dunk it in water and keep it in the cooler.
+2

That is the coat I use for Mira (big black dog + intense sun = oven) and it makes a huge difference and is very carefree for me.

Mira as an 11mo wearing her Saratoga coat in near-100 temps at the 2010 FCRSA specialty (cell phone pic, forgive the quality lol)

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13