Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Ask for a definitive test. Hair loss was one of my mothers symptoms when she was first diagnosed with Sjogrens. The sooner you get treatment the better.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 05-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
Ask for a definitive test. Hair loss was one of my mothers symptoms when she was first diagnosed with Sjogrens. The sooner you get treatment the better.
I'm *pretty* sure they've tested me for that.. I'd have to look back at my lab work to be sure. But the name sounds familiar.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:47 PM

Good thing. You, as the patient, have a right to be in control of your treatment.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Good thing. You, as the patient, have a right to be in control of your treatment.
I know, that's what frustrates me when the Drs. kind of blow me off. "Oh, you have all of these weird symptoms for someone your age.. hmm.. well, nothing shows in your lab work so, see you in 6 months!"
Old 05-24-2012, 01:42 PM

I don't blame you for being frustrated!! I would be super angry in your shoes.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I don't blame you for being frustrated!! I would be super angry in your shoes.
Yeah, my parents and husband are luckily really supportive and my mom is my "advocate". She speaks up when I won't.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kady05 View Post
That's probably not a bad idea either. I eat fairly well (for a 24yr. old); don't drink ever, don't smoke, eat fast food maybe.. once every few months, no soda, etc. But I'm sure I could use something more in my system.
Definitely a GREAT start, but there is a TON more to it than that. Some people maybe sensitive to additives/chemicals that are found in commonly thought of as 'healthy' foods. Some may be sensitive to the pesticides on non-organic veggies (so, eating really healthy without realizing the exposure) Some people react to glutens/wheats/dairy, or some odd combos of foods. Other people may eat really healthy, but for whatever reason not have the right bacteria in their gut....and those symptoms can manifest in a bajillion different ways (even without GI problems).

Nutrition is incredibly, incredibly complicated, hard to study & hard to find someone decent to help you with. It also takes TIME to see results.

There are certain diets out there that basically cut everything out for a period of time to determine if your diet is affecting you...and then from there add things back in.

Thanks Jessie!

Old 05-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreeza View Post
Definitely a GREAT start, but there is a TON more to it than that. Some people maybe sensitive to additives/chemicals that are found in commonly thought of as 'healthy' foods. Some may be sensitive to the pesticides on non-organic veggies (so, eating really healthy without realizing the exposure) Some people react to glutens/wheats/dairy, or some odd combos of foods. Other people may eat really healthy, but for whatever reason not have the right bacteria in their gut....and those symptoms can manifest in a bajillion different ways (even without GI problems).

Nutrition is incredibly, incredibly complicated, hard to study & hard to find someone decent to help you with. It also takes TIME to see results.

There are certain diets out there that basically cut everything out for a period of time to determine if your diet is affecting you...and then from there add things back in.
I just need a personal chef and someone to say "Okay eat this at this time, this at that time.." and so fourth LOL.