Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 05-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Maybe she just wants you to back off and let her do her thing. You have tons of experiance and want what you want , but maybe she feels bullied or just overwhelmed.

I dont know but it really seems odd you found her here. You had to be googling and stalking her to find this post as you are not a member here . Maybe she just feels pressured and needs to be left alone for a bit. Maybe since you have so much experiance she is just plain out nervous dealing with you and is overwhelmed because of everything.

my advise is just step back and let them develop and then come together and oick the pup best for you , and really How could you know which one is best yet? there literally weeks old.

give it time and relax, ow and it is really really creepy you showed up here only , this place is a good one to hang in , so go do a intro and stay awhile , we are a diverse and friendly group.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Top Dog

at 3 weeks, I don't give a **** if a breeder tells me anything other than they've been born.

at this point, I trust the people I get dogs from enough, and know enough to get the dogs I want. I don't care what they are doing at 3 weeks of age or at 5 weeks or whatever they were doing before I get them.

I know the people are doing what they say they're doing, and if it's someone else, I test the dog myself. So whatever they did or didn't do doesn't really matter, if the puppy passes great, if not, oh well.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Resident fainting goat

Regardless of experience, deposit, travel time or anything else, until you have that puppy, signed the contract and have paid in full.. this is HER breeding program and HER puppies. Deposits do not guarantee anything at all and it is the breeders choice to decide how puppy placement goes, regardless of experience level of people on the deposit list.

I'm sure you mean well, as I did say.. but I think it really is just a case of stress, and mis-communication. Mis-communication of what deposits are, what they mean, and what each party is responsible for or "owed".

I know it's hard to swallow but as of right now that isn't your puppy, you have a DEPOSIT on A PUPPY. So no, really, she doesn't "owe" you anything anymore then paying a security deposit means you have an apartment lol a deposit just holds your place in line.. it does NOT indicate partial ownership or partial payment of a puppy that is already yours. Which is why, in many cases, they are refundable

This is just my 2 cents. As you said, only you both know the entire story but IMO this is just a big old case of mis-communication.

Breeders have a lot of responsibility. and between puppies, dogs and puppy buyers.. not everyone is going to be happy ALL THE TIME sometimes. but more than anything, I think this just goes to show that responsibilities and expectations need to be made CLEAR, EARLY in the process, before these kinds of problems arrise.

and compromise and communication, as with most relationships but including the breeder/owner relationship, is key.

You are excited, curious and concerned about this litter and feel you are owed more information.
She is stressed, tired, and trying to give all information you want while still remaining sane and being in control of her puppies and her breeding program lol

..I'm sure there is a compromise in there somewhere.

so welcome to the forum

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Just try me..

Weird.. way to take it from anonymous to "hey its me"

As a breeder (not of wolfhounds though lol) I say Freehold is doing above levels of communication. I know many a breeder who won't tell you anything much other than they are alive and growing. IF a puppy that has had complications is one that you might consider they then discuss what issues could arise from that puppy. If it turns out that a particular puppy is not for your consideration at the end of the day then really its not your business (in their minds, and I kinda agree) what issues someone else's pup may or may not have.

Caveat.. as long as its not genetic and you are planning on breeding. Then of course it does affect you and your puppy.

I understand the wanting to know. But this is the reason many people don't want to overshare. Puppies, not even with a special needs litter, take up so much time and energy that running around worrying about puppy buyers who may or may not even by in the running for that puppy is an added extra stress.

So my suggestion, Julia Mae, would be to wait and see. I get that you are a serious IW owner. As a JRT breeder and avid dog sport competitor I am pretty firm in picking what I want. However if the breeder offers me the choice of two puppies they think are most suitable for me I either choose one or I don't. IME most serious breeders don't let people choose what ever puppy they feel like.

Regardless, welcome to Chaz, hope you stick around for the pics and dog discussions and not just for stalking.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Active Pup

Tell me -bogart- if I am not a member here how do I manage to post. Did you read my "very upset" emails. Did you also read my post where I thought I had clearly explained that I was worried about the entire litter.
I do have an google alert for Irish Wolfhounds. But it was a friend that told me that I could get information on puppies here before it was posted on the blog.
Found this is an over all friendly site and and decided to stay.
I only posted in self defense because I will not be accused of things that just are not true most especially as it is not me who has my knickers in a twist.
JuliaMae
***8220;If caring is a crime, color me guilty.***8221;
Old 05-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Just try me..

The creepy part is the way you jumped in. Not really that you found it (the internet can by much smaller than people realize) but that you didn't follow normal forum etiquette. Sharing private emails is really a faux pas, as is not introducing yourself. Perhaps you are just new to forums. But it does come across as being stalkerish. We on chaz have seen stalkers show up, and this is exactly their MO.

No caring is great. Jumping in here is weird. Coming on here and saying Hey I wonder if this is about me and its interesting to get different points of view... would be less stalkerish. But coming on, no intro and sharing personal emails is bizarre.

ETA the only person who knew it was you was you and the OP. So if you hadn't jumped in this thread no one else on earth would have known it was about you. So without jumping in there was no need to defend yourself

Last edited by Dekka; 05-21-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaMae View Post
Tell me -bogart- if I am not a member here how do I manage to post. Did you read my "very upset" emails. Did you also read my post where I thought I had clearly explained that I was worried about the entire litter.
I do have an google alert for Irish Wolfhounds. But it was a friend that told me that I could get information on puppies here before it was posted on the blog.
Found this is an over all friendly site and and decided to stay.
I only posted in self defense because I will not be accused of things that just are not true most especially as it is not me who has my knickers in a twist.
JuliaMae
“If caring is a crime, color me guilty.”
ALRIGHT then i had it wrong you are a member as of the first post hell i will have to go to ya profile to see when it was.

I am glad ya stayed becuse we all like new puppy pics lol.

as to twisted knickers , easiest way to deal with them is just pull em out and be done with it. all the wiggling around will just wedge them tighter. lol

no one knew who the buyer was and until you outed yourself .

but seriously , just put it down to an overly tired breeder being sensative and go from there . just let her do her thing and you do you. and let the time come then come together and pic you new family member.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Seems like you are spending a lot of time finding freehold on the net. That is creepy. Considering she is pretty new here herself, it appears you joined after. Great, hope you learn something from the forum, but chasing your breeder down across the net wouldn't thrill many people.

I paid in full for Smudge. Flew him from North Carolina. Yet I didn't feel I had more of a right or a say in his litter than anyone else. Needing bi-daily updates or faster updates.. I get you are all squee puppy, but lord your breeder is tired. She has little time for herself or her family as this litter has become all consuming. While your interests lie in your potential puppy, your needing of updates is to the point of crossing boundaries, posting here and letting it be known you are that buyer does somewhat too.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 05-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Active Pup

Ok please read my emails before you accuse me of stalking. This was discussed on another site and I believed we had an understanding her exact words when I apologized were "Don't worry, it's not too easy to offend me. And yes, there's always at least two sides to any story (if not three one side, the other side, and the truth). Everyone has the puppy's best interests in mind - it's just the communication that seems to get in the way sometimes."
Three hrs. later this crap is posted over here. Now I have to go I have just recieved an update so I will reply. My excact words will be. (Thank you for the update, I really appreciate it very much. Loved the picture of the "dignified matron". Best wishes to all)
I will not I repeat I WILL NOT ask a single question.
JuliaMae
***8220;If caring is a crime, color me guilty.***8221;
Old 05-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Just try me..

Your emails are none of our business. The stalking that was mentioned was jumping on the forum and 'defending' yourself. Emails being private aren't really stalking.

Anyway.. we love dogs, duh.. why not do up an intro at share your dogs with us. We LOVE pic threads