Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Top Dog

Default Ugh, kids these days

I just wanted to say that I don't want this to turn into a debate, I feel like we have enough of those going on.
I have this friend, she's a year younger than me(she's 16). About 4 months ago she found out she was pregnant. The whole time I'm just there for her, I wasn't like "You need an abortion!" or "KEEP THE BABY!", I was just there for her and if she needed anything, regardless of her decision. The only opinion that I have told her, was that whatever she decided, she needed to decide it soon.
So, we don't go to the same school so months go by and I didn't see her. Yesterday I was talking to her and she was like "Yeah when I was pregnant blah blah blah", so naturally I asked what happened/etc..
And basically she was "Yeah my boyfriend wanted me to get an abortion and so did I, but omg did you know they were so expensive?! so I did it myself."
I'm reading the text and my jaw. literally. dropped. Apparently she did it with "pills and alcohol and..other stuff" No clue what that "other" stuff is, I honestly didn't want to ask.

I am just so happy that I have a parent that's really open about these things. I'm also really glad that I am knowledgable enough to know not to do this. To each their own, but dang...this just left me heartbroken.
For the record, I am not upset about the "abortion" part, I'm just sad about the WAY she went about it.

I just needed to get this out, it's just been eating me up. *sigh*