Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-19-2012, 04:21 AM
Top Dog

No problem, I found the performance just incredible and watch it frequently. The control, coordination, and pure talent is just astounding, I really loved it.

I'm actually in a similar situation - a close friend wants to get a Siberian Husky with me. I told him no because I am hopeless with Northern breeds and balk at the idea of having one because I just lack the experience and personality. One of the most beautiful types of dogs out there, and fun to be around, but different from the biddable, one person, handler intuitive herding breeds that make training easier for me! Maybe we will get to swap info depending on how things pan out, though.

I had a ton of caffeine and cookies earlier, probably why I am still awake now! Only 2 AM though, so we'll see how long I last before I crash for the entire weekend
Old 05-19-2012, 04:37 AM
Top Dog

Feel free to PM me at any time about Sibes, I don't mind exchanging info at all. Heck, I'll probably be up for a while yet, I just remembered I had a Java monster earlier. Whoops.

But it's definitely a biddable, loyal, pleasing type of dog Jin wants. He does love Sibes...just not their bratty, independent and challenging personalities. That's more up my alley, haha.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:47 AM
Top Dog

LOL See, I told my friend that I will get a cat because if I wanted independent and vocal and mischievous, at least I won't have to train it. Give me those behaviors in a dog and it's at a completely different level and I'll just wind up wondering where I went wrong. You mean there are breeds that don't pick up and immediately act on their handler's mood shifts? Where praise isn't the highest reward you could offer the dog?

Expect a PM sometime tomorrow - my brain is buzzing and not in a good way
Old 05-19-2012, 04:54 AM
Top Dog

Sounds good! It's going to take me a bit and talking more with Jin tomorrow to come up with any solid, pointed questions.

Kinda funny... random non-doggy thread turned doggy. Haha. Ah, well. Foxes on a trampoline is way more amusing at 4 in the morning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8xJtH6UcQY