Infinia?? (recall forced purchase)

Kodiak

Ugh, my dogs have been on the Bison based TOTW for year and have done really well. Of course I needed dog food today so I went to the feed store and read tags... The sales lady told me the closest thing they had was Infinia Bison & Sweet Potato... So I bought to get me through the week. The ingredients look ok and the price is comparable to TOTW. But I just wasnt happy with the selection. I have 5 dogs. Four over 60lbs and one Chi. Cost is a factor. I was looking at Nature's Logic, Acana and Fromm while in the store. Acana seems perfect but the cost is too high, Nature's Logic looked good too just havent heard anything about it.

Should I give Infinia a fair try?? Switch back to TOTW when it is available or try something else???? I'm so confused! My lab is an itchy kinda girl so I'm worried she will have problems...

Saeleofu

I was going to add Infinia into my rotation a year or so ago but found out it's a Purina company. Didn't really read much about it after that.

I personally would stay on TOTW - if I still fed it I would be fine with continuing to do so. I just found a food that's high quality AND cheaper, and works for both dogs, so I'm sticking with it (Victor grain-free if what I feed, if you can find it near you it's really good. It's just not readily available everywhere yet).

Kodiak

Interesting. I just looked at their website and apparently the dealer I buy my horse feed from has it! I will have to price it. And it looks like I can get Earthborn Holistic. Ok I'm starting to relax now. I was totally freaked earlier because I had like 2 cups of food left and no food on the shelf! Your dogs are doing well on Victor? I like the idea of all ingredients being sourced in the USA. Thanks for the info!

momto8

we rotate Infinia into the dogs diet and all mine have done very well on it :) they really like it too :)

Saeleofu

Interesting. I just looked at their website and apparently the dealer I buy my horse feed from has it! I will have to price it. And it looks like I can get Earthborn Holistic. Ok I'm starting to relax now. I was totally freaked earlier because I had like 2 cups of food left and no food on the shelf! Your dogs are doing well on Victor? I like the idea of all ingredients being sourced in the USA. Thanks for the info!
They're doing FANTASTIC on Victor. The GF Ultra Professional was too rich for both of them, but the regular GF All Life Stages is great. Logan's even touchy with food, and I switched cold turkey and not a bit of diarrhea from him. My parents' dog is on the GF Joint Health formula and also doing wonderful (he's a 12 year old GSD).

It's a lot cheaper than TOTW for me - I pay $35 for a big bag of GF Victor, and over $50 for a big bag of TOTW.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
There's an Infinia Chicken & Rice formula but the other three are grain free, potato/sweet potato.
It is Purina Mills though... I don't think I would stick with it any longer than I had to.

Wow, if the "Victor" food you guys are talking about is the one I just looked at, Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why can't they ever get it? Most their foods start out with beef, then chicken, chicken, chicken! Not for mine *sigh*

Anyway, I'd recommend Earthborn. But this Infinia by Exclusive brand is not "Nestle Purina" made, it is a separate company "Land o Lakes Purina", it's complicated. But it is made in a different manufacturing plant by a different company, it will take me a bit to look which one it was back up (But it wasn't Diamond! you're safe there).

Saeleofu

Wow, if the "Victor" food you guys are talking about is the one I just looked at, Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why can't they ever get it? Most their foods start out with beef, then chicken, chicken, chicken! Not for mine *sigh*

Anyway, I'd recommend Earthborn. But this Infinia by Exclusive brand is not "Nestle Purina" made, it is a separate company "Land o Lakes Purina", it's complicated. But it is made in a different manufacturing plant by a different company, it will take me a bit to look which one it was back up (But it wasn't Diamond! you're safe there).
My dogs don't have any protein tolerance issues, so I really don't care whether it's beef, chicken, or opossum. It's meat. Victor doesn't have a ton of varieties, they have three GF varieties - regular, high protein, and joint. Even their grain-inclusive recipes are limited. But it works wonderfully for my dogs, and it's a great price, so I use it.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I found this review on another dog site about Infinia: They are manufactured by PMI - they use fish meal preserved with Ethoxyquin - this is not good.

Kodiak

Luckily switching cold turkey to Infinia didnt cause any digestive upset! So I give it a thumbs up in that department!! I think it was the perfect immediate replacement option for TOTW, but I will not stay on it forever. I am going to price the Victor and Earthborn later this week. Really hoping the Victor GF Joint Formula will work out as I have some oldies that could use a little extra support and a 2 year old with hip problems. Of course they all recieve Dasaquin it never hurts to have a little back up :)

javadoo

Earthborn is a good alternative to TOTW.
Also take a look at Nutrisource...very similar to TOTW and similar price as well.
My supplier is stocking both of these foods as replacements for TOTW.

I dumped TOTW and started Nutrisource, but I am also a rotation feeder. My primary food at this point is Fromm. I rotate all 4 of the GF formulas.

Kodiak

Picked up a bag of Victor today. $40 for a 30lb bag. Hope it works out well! The guys at the feed store said everyone has had good results with it! The were out of the Joint Formula I will get some of that when it is back in stock.

Members online

No members online now.