Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2012, 08:51 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I really am willing to bet my own face, head, and other important parts of me on there not only being a cause, but a solution.

I work with these scenarios day in, day out.

The only problem is, that if you don't intervene early enough its nigh on impossible to change. But not totally impossible.

I have worked alongside a clinical psychologist with 30 yrs experience of adults and children, who often display these kind of traits. On cases where kids are on the brink of being dangerous.

She practically knew the kids history without even seeing the files just because of the behaviour displayed. There's a pattern.

If you don't think there's a pattern, its just because you haven't seen it. Yes, genes may play a part in the resulting person, but I do not believe in soley nature OR nurture.
Oh yeah...t hey should have had her in therapy WAY WAY early but they were totally blind to what she was doing. they were SO hard on the brother and she manipulated that to make it even worse on him and they were so easy on her. She got away with everything. She was just very good at manipulation from an early age.

Now she's 18 and they can't MAKE her do anything and she sees nothing wrong with her behaviour and doesn't WANT to change so there is the new problem. If they had gotten her therapy early on she would be better off but now as a legal adult she doesn't see anything wrong with what she does.

Growing up the brother had ADHD... REAL ADHD not the kind schools want to push on every kid that comes through the door. He was... a handful. At the beginning my mom had those kids almost every weekend and then eventually they all just moved in. Mom and dad couldn't agree on how to raise the kids, neice learned from early on that she could manipulate that to her advantage. She learned from an early age that if she didn't get what she wanted she could call the police and make claims and make peoples lives a living hell.

it was awful. At 18 she still does this only know the police know her and what she does and that she is supposed to be on medication.

her parents have given her an ultimatum now. she has a week to get back to the doctor and get her meds that she is supposed to be taking or she is OUT and baby is NOT going with her. Childrens Aid is backing them on this one. she is not ALLOWED to be alone with her child because she is a danger to him

If she would take her meds she could possibly lead a normal life but she refuses and unfortunately her parents let it go too long and now they get no say in getting her treatment. but I absolutely believe there are cases where you can nurture a child to the nines and they can still have these tendencies.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney