Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron View Post
I can't say I haven't had the same thoughts as you - that maybe it would be quicker/easier/better to switch to 2o2o. Teaching RCs is based on the thing I probably like the least in training - lots of repetitions with very, very small steps.
Yeah, I ran out of patience. It started getting annoying piling stuff up to raise the board increment by increment, then trying to make the board stable and not wobbly. And it's so frustrating when she can run the wide board perfectly but reverts to launching on the narrow one. I really don't like to feel frustrated with my dog when training, especially when she is obviously having a blast soaring off the board, lol. I initially thought that RC would be more fun for both of us, but it didn't turn out to be the case.

I know I could have stuck it out, but I was also running out of ideas as to how I was going to be able to practice enough once she reached full dogwalk height. I underestimated the amount of reps and time the method requires, even though Silvia warns about it first thing on her website.

I'm still super interested in following along with your RC training though....it would be cool if you could swing taking her course over the summer!