Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-10-2012, 08:27 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess2416 View Post
I never bicker..

*cough cough*

Honestly, though I think I have bickered and agreed with everyone on this forum at some point or another, the thing is just like family, we arent all going to agree on every single point, I know that when it comes to "men / women" topics, Im usually on the man's side and think that the woman is just being silly lol.

We can all agree to disagree till we are blue in the face, but beliefs are usually beliefs for a reason, and no one will change their beliefs just because a couple of posts..

I dont think disagreement equals hate MOST of the time, but there are times when words really do come across as hateful, maybe the person wasn't trying to be hateful, or maybe they are a closet hater, in the end, all you can do is speak your piece and move on..
Look at you and i for example lol... Or maybe more specifically me TO you. I have said some terrible things to you in the past and today we can laugh at them and are still friends (or maybe I just made that up in my mind and you really hate me hahaha)

Jessie is another. Man we used to HATE each other but then we found common ground and became friends .

I think we really grow and change with each other here.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 05-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Look at you and i for example lol... Or maybe more specifically me TO you. I have said some terrible things to you in the past and today we can laugh at them and are still friends (or maybe I just made that up in my mind and you really hate me hahaha)

Jessie is another. Man we used to HATE each other but then we found common ground and became friends .

I think we really grow and change with each other here.
LOL I remember, I said marriage was a stupid piece of paper, and you told me I was gonna end up an old lonely lady with no one
Old 05-10-2012, 08:30 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
LOL I remember, I said marriage was a stupid piece of paper, and you told me I was gonna end up an old lonely lady with no one
I remember all too well... STOP QUOTING ME lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 05-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I remember all too well... STOP QUOTING ME lol
NUH UH

The ONLY reason why I keep even saying anything about it, is because I look back at that and think, "she was right" and when I look at myself now, I see and even think like a different person, I do have my moods, but just think, if we didnt bicker, then we couldnt be having this "awwww moment" right now

so there...
Old 05-10-2012, 08:37 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Nah, debates are fun and hopefully educational. Not something to get mad over for me.

Exceptions would be when folks show an inability to use basic logic (loss of respect in the context of debates), are unnecessarily rude/crude especially if not actually contributing to the debate (annoyance), are repeatedly hypocritical (frustration/annoyance), revert to personal attacks (there's a dislike), or are shown to be deceitful/liars (the other dislikeable offense). But even then it's not hating anyone, isn't contingent on the person holding an opinion different than my own, and really has little/nothing to do with debating at all.

Honestly I can only think of one person on this forum whose posts I now avoid, simply because that person has never (so far as I have seen) contributed anything of value--or even mere positive sentiment--to anything here. And I don't think I've every actually discussed anything at all with the person, so it's not the result of a perceived slight or debate fallout.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 05-10-2012, 08:39 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
NUH UH

The ONLY reason why I keep even saying anything about it, is because I look back at that and think, "she was right" and when I look at myself now, I see and even think like a different person, I do have my moods, but just think, if we didnt bicker, then we couldnt be having this "awwww moment" right now

so there...
Oh fine... Must you aleays be right?

Ok seriously though. I know what you mean. I look back at that and learn a lot about myself and the way I treated people and about how I want to treat people and behave.

Let the AWWWW's commence lol

G.K. Chesterton

Old 05-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Obey the Toad.

My family has very...lets just say, "interesting" political/religious beliefs that many of them are not shy about sharing and we are all pretty intense people. If I were unable to slough off disagreements I'd never be able to go to any family gatherings-lol. There is one member (who rarely posts) that has ticked me off to the point that I try not to even read their posts, but that is definitely the exception.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:47 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I find the older I get the more feint of heart I get lol. I am a big softie at heart and I will share a secret with you.... Puck is an even bigger softie LOL

G.K. Chesterton

Old 05-10-2012, 08:48 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
There is one member (who rarely posts) that has ticked me off to the point that I try not to even read their posts, but that is definitely the exception.
There's always one

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 05-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Super-Genius

In a nutshell... No. Heck, when I get into it here its almost always about politics or religion. LOL When is there ever a "nice" discussion about those topics? LOL

I just try, really, really hard.... To make my point of not offending anyone, but yet not cave on my point of view. At this point in my life, my ideas are pretty well developed and based in a lot of real world experience. That does not make me right, just a bit more experienced than a lot here.

Its difficult sometimes and certain people just want to try and drag it down to a soap opera or worse.... (I think we all know who.....LOL)

Fran... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the juvenile crap about your Obama stuff. I disagree with you as much as possible about who the guy is, what he stands for and what he represents. But that does not mean I should be a jackass about it. Also, I get the "crazy uncle" comparison... But with 2 caveats... I would not be shooting at the roof all crazy. Its dangerous and a waste of ammo. LOL
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.