Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Enlightened just in time to make it an election issue, yay.
This.

Gas prices are dropping $0.05 per day. He's sided with same-sex marriage. The presidential election is in November of this year. Coinkydink? I think not.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Fishies!

Quote:
CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW RESPECTING AN ESTABLISHMENT OF RELIGION, OR PROHIBITING THE FREE EXERCISE THEREOF; OR ABRIDGING THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH, OR OF THE PRESS; OR THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE PEACEABLY TO ASSEMBLE, AND TO PETITION THE GOVERNMENT FOR A REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES.
You, or anyone can feel whatever you'd like about gay marriage. That is the second part of the amendment. Still, no one has shown me a valid reason (beyond the Bible) why gay marriage should be illegal.

Since the main thrust of people who want to deny gay people the right to marry is based on the bible, I am forced to believe that they want to establish their religion in secular law. They shouldn't be able to (that is the part in bold).
Old 05-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfalcon View Post
You, or anyone can feel whatever you'd like about gay marriage. That is the second part of the amendment. Still, no one has shown me a valid reason (beyond the Bible) why gay marriage should be illegal.

Since the main thrust of people who want to deny gay people the right to marry is based on the bible, I am forced to believe that they want to establish their religion in secular law. They shouldn't be able to (that is the part in bold).
THIS! THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!

and thanks Shay! lol

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

And every time you open your mouth you score an own goal. Every, single, time. Please keep going.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 05-10-2012, 11:00 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

I don't know what an Own goal is but this isn't a competition.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 05-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Top Dog

I wonder how many people, who are for same-sex marriage, will be willing to fight the same battle for brothers and sisters to legally marry...for first cousins to legally marry... Honestly, what right do we have to tell people, who honestly love each other and want to be with each other, that they cannot because it's "wrong"?

Just a thought.

Oh, and while this wasn't on this forum, I was told that I hold my views because of my ignorance. Why, oh why, is it that I'm prejudiced and ignorant and full of hate because I believe the opposite of someone else on the issue of same-sex marriage? It's amazing the names I get called, and the intellectual put-downs I deal with, all because of my opinion. With this issue, it's seriously a "if you don't believe like we do, you're a flaming ignorant idiot".

Just another thought.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
I wonder how many people, who are for same-sex marriage, will be willing to fight the same battle for brothers and sisters to legally marry...for first cousins to legally marry... Honestly, what right do we have to tell people, who honestly love each other and want to be with each other, that they cannot because it's "wrong"?

Just a thought.
Are you serious? First cousin marriage IS legal in quite a few states (Colorado being one). In what way is brother to sister marriage even remotely related to this topic?

ETA: And I'm still waiting for an explanation of the "good" reasoning behind God's no gay marriage rule.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 05-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Top Dog

You're right, i don't know what the bible says. I used to read it, I don't anymore. I don't care to study it now considering it's been re-written, re-interpreted, has many omissions and has "man's" hands all over it for the past few thousand years I'm guessing if at one time it was the word of God, man has changed it to suit his own needs. Just as man has done for millenia.

But I do know that marriages are nothing more than legally binding contracts that have much more to do with actual laws in this country than any bible or church. Marriages have been legally binding contracts for all over the world since the days of Christ and before.

So WHY do your religious views, or anybody else's get to be used to deny a citizen of the US the protections of laws and rights granted to other consenting adults in this country?
Old 05-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Are you serious? First cousin marriage IS legal in quite a few states (Colorado being one). In what way is brother to sister marriage even remotely related to this topic?
So I guess you have a problem with a brother and a sister getting married?

How is this topic relevant? Because it's two adults making a choice, yet being denied marriage because it's morally "wrong". Sounds like you could swap "brother and sister" with "man and man" in this context.

And because it shows that even people who fight for their own "liberation" (as you will), have no problems imposing restrictions upon others.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Super-Genius

OK.... I know where this is going, so I am going to make a farewell here.

Yes. I get it. It makes no "human" sense why gay people should not be able to get married. I go back to Gods commandments about marriage and family. To my flesh, its does not "make sense" why two people who love each other cannot be married. I could get into how NAMBLA gets excited when there is a federal gay marriage law and a few other "human" arguements against gay marriage. But I am not going to bother, because those human reasons do not matter. Not to me. To a lot of you that means "Puck is a mindless fool who just does what he is told." That is not a true statement, but believe what you will. No MAN rules me. But the living God does.

I walk by faith, not by sight. My life has been radically BETTER, awesome, amazing, fulfilling, loving, since I took that step and made my flesh 2nd to Gods will. Man will ALWAYS fail you, put your faith in YOUR wisdom at your own peril. When you let God take the lead, He takes you to some pretty cool places.

To the people willing to challege their own personal points of view on things.... Do a study. Look at the history of this nation. Look at our rise and now our slow but sure decline. Compare this decline to the average role of God in people's lives. If you do an honest comparison, I think you will see something quite telling. Less God = more pain.

---

Fran - All I am going to say is thank you for pretty much proving everything I thought about young women who vote for Obama. Stop looking at what he SAYS. Look at what he DOES. He SAYS all kinds of good things, good to you at least. But where I come from, results matter more and his results SUCK.

ANYbody can make a fancy sign with a witty slogan that you agree with. His utter lack of substance and the fact that SO many younger people worship him is....sad. It's not like we were warned or anything.

Thanks.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.