Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
I am also of the opinion that there is no god. So that argument is for people who want to listen to bigoted old men who are now long ago dust.
As eloquent and thought provoking as ever.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Chihuahua Power!

I don't understand why the Bible should define marriage.

I think the Bible needs to be kept out of the government entirely. Being married comes with so many (necessary) benefits. Filing joint tax returns, being allowed in the ICU with your spouse, health insurance, etc, etc. It's MORE than just a religious committment.

ETA: I am not a fan of Obama, and will not be voting for him. Just wanted to drop that in here.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep

Last edited by ~Jessie~; 05-10-2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Because I felt like it ;)
Old 05-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Fila Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
A lot of people will "Rah! Rah!" about this and I reckon they should.

But all he did was confirm what has already been happening. That this is a issue for the states to decide and they have been doing so.

I know a lot of you like Obama because he is "cool", but he is nothing more than any other slimy politician, saying what he neds to say to get re-elected and then ignore us again.

Le Sigh..... So, "Hooray", The President thinks gay people can get married. How about the economy dude? The unemployment number getting "lower" is NOT because of the reason you want it too.... How about almost 350,000 women dropping out of the workforce in the last 2 months? What say ye there?
I feel the same.
It is an election year...he needs votes, and this is one way to get them.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Well, most of the laws of this country are based in Judeo-Christian values. If we got down to brass tacks, I bet we would agree on 95% of what those values are. As it comes to homosexual unions and things of that nature.... It comes back to the idea that rule are OK, as long as I agree with them. I believe God gaves us those rules for good reasons. He IS God afterall.
What are the reasons then? I've not ever heard a good reason for keeping two people (who are harming no one) apart. I'm not being snarky here - I'm genuinely interested in hearing reasons to back up this rule.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 05-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Top Dog

I find it very odd that so many have such a big problem with 2 people who love each other living together and having the same laws of protections and benefits that are afforded to other citizens of the same country. why do things that have no bearing on someone's personal life seem to have such a great impact all the time?
Old 05-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Where was I without eloquence? Was it because I said there was no god? That is not a lack of eloquence. That is you getting upset with my opinion.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 05-10-2012, 10:02 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Well, most of the laws of this country are based in Judeo-Christian values. If we got down to brass tacks, I bet we would agree on 95% of what those values are.
Probably, and possibly. It also so happens that many of those values are either common sense or involve treating people the way I agree they should be treated - which is different than "because the bible said so".

Quote:
As it comes to homosexual unions and things of that nature.... It comes back to the idea that rule are OK, as long as I agree with them. I believe God gaves us those rules for good reasons. He IS God afterall.

I'm pretty sure that it is possible to use the bible as a guideline for one's personal behavior without legislating others' behavior. I don't think any of the passages in question mandate passing laws to prevent OTHER people from lying with other men or whatnot. Or eating shellfish. Or mixing fabrics. (Speaking of rules being ok if you agree with them.)

Old 05-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

I just had a thought. The priest who married Paul and I is married. To a man! Gasp! For shame. That makes our union invalid. Bwahahaha

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 05-10-2012, 10:12 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
I find it very odd that so many have such a big problem with 2 people who love each other living together and having the same laws of protections and benefits that are afforded to other citizens of the same country. why do things that have no bearing on someone's personal life seem to have such a great impact all the time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
I'm pretty sure that it is possible to use the bible as a guideline for one's personal behavior without legislating others' behavior. I don't think any of the passages in question mandate passing laws to prevent OTHER people from lying with other men or whatnot. Or eating shellfish. Or mixing fabrics. (Speaking of rules being ok if you agree with them.)
^Both of these.

It's just affording all consenting adults the right to commit themselves to a legal marriage and the accompanying obligations, benefits, and protections.

It's not forcing churches to recognize those marriages any more than churches have to recognize any other marriage performed outside their church.

I just don't get why it's such a problem.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 05-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Resident fainting goat

He said this one october 1st
"It happens when a father realizes he doesnít just love his daughter, but also her wife. It happens when a soldier tells his unit that heís gay, and they tell him they knew it all along and they didnít care, because he was the toughest guy in the unit. It happens when a video sparks a movement to let every single young person know theyíre not alone, and things will get better. It happens when people look past their ultimately minor differences to see themselves in the hopes and struggles of their fellow human beings. Thatís where change is happening."
President Barack Obama

Oh but I'm totally voting for him just because he is cool

Not because I'm a student, a woman and somebody who believes in equal rights.

It's only because he fist bumps michelle

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.