Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 05-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
I've been retraining Zuma's A-frame as she's gotten super creepy moving into that 2o2o position. This was mainly due to a lack of foundation training... Everyone take that to heart, DO NOT skimp on foundations because you pay for it later!!
Nice work! She is such a cool little girl!!!

It's so true about the foundations and thank you for the reminder! Lately I feel like I am going nowhere with my agility training, but then I remind myself that it's worth it to take it slow and steady at first.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~ View Post
Thanks Panzerotti and Beanie, I emailed that video to my trainer as well and she had some really good insight about what's going on, so we plan to do some SS stuff and set up the grids. Hopefully that will help!

Laur, I know . Me trying to keep up with him in agility is incredibly embarrassing.
Cool, let us know how it goes! He looks like an awesome dog, he just has to learn to control some of his power, lol!
Old 05-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Top Dog

Sara, oh yeah she's got it

Tucker, agree with Pan and Beanie, he needs to read that when your stopped/stopping and the handler doesn't go beyond the plane of the jump and doesn't go into the take off zone, that he is to put in an extra stride and jump tight. You also need to know where his take off point is and give the information (stopping or decel) that nana second before his take off, so he can add the stride. At this point he is always jumping in extension and not collection. The links they posted should help. Along with SS etc.

He looks like once he understands that he is going to be awesome. Have fun !!!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 04:14 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
I've been retraining Zuma's A-frame as she's gotten super creepy moving into that 2o2o position. This was mainly due to a lack of foundation training... Everyone take that to heart, DO NOT skimp on foundations because you pay for it later!!

I've been training a running contact to help her with her striding... I will train a stopped contact back in so that I can use it if I need it.

Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElVt...e_gdata_player
She's looking good!!! Oh man, she's going to be awesome to continue competing with

We had our last class of the session (next session picks up in a few weeks), and Kimma did something totally weird. She WOULD NOT weave from this one tunnel. Other tunnels she was fine with. Jumps she was fine with. But this one, she would come out and just run TOTALLY BY the weaves and to a hay stack to sniff? I tried doing other weave entries from things besides the tunnel and she did it fine. She also did some difficult entries in that same direction. But not from this one particular, straight tunnel. So I guess we're going to do some straight tunnel - weave work during our break LOL.

Loistava's Jari CGC - 18 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 05-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Top Dog

I am SO proud of Panzer!!! Yesterday we went to our first agility fun match, so it was set up like a mini-trial. It was a new location for us with new people and dogs. And my reactive stranger-hating dog was the best behaved there!!! I wasn't there for the agility so much as the trial-like atmosphere. Pan was great walking to and from the ring and her start line stays were perfection, even with strangers right at her back.

As for the agility, we only did easy parts of the courses, but she did her very first 1/2 course! She was pretty quick but I'm hoping that more speed will come as she really understands our handling system (we're still in the beginning training stages of handling). The nice thing right now is that she wants to be right so you can tell she's thinking about what she's doing.

Video of her first 1/2 course....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdFHR...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Top Dog

That looks FANTASTIC!!! Awesome start line.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

She looks awesome!!! You two looked so in tune, a really nice flow of information. And yeah, that start line was brilliant, especially since she let you jog away without breaking.

She's gonna be great. And congrats on the no/low reactivity at the match. Keeva is DR with strange dogs and thanks to CU and all our work, she was the best behaved dog at the UKC show we just went to. It's seriously the best feeling in the world when they do you proud like that!

Old 05-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Top Dog

Thanks guys! It was such a perfect experience for us both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
She's gonna be great. And congrats on the no/low reactivity at the match. Keeva is DR with strange dogs and thanks to CU and all our work, she was the best behaved dog at the UKC show we just went to. It's seriously the best feeling in the world when they do you proud like that!
It really is amazing when all of the hard work pays off. Congrats to you guys too!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Top Dog

You and Pan look great! It's so cool to be able to watch these dogs on here all coming together so nicely
Old 05-08-2012, 01:58 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Has anyone checked out SG's latest contact offering?

On a related note, anyone have a winning lotto ticket they don't want?

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13