Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 05-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Bolerame Boxers Reg'd

Hi Sylvia,

Everything you said was correct except for one. We are a hobby breeder and breed and show quality Boxer dogs. We rarely have the sire on site. Because we are always looking for new bloodlines to add, we, more often than not, will look outside of our own kennel for a male who has something that will improve upon what we already have.

Lena of
Bolerame Boxers Reg'd
, Tappen, BC. Canada
Bolerame Brookes Tough Legacy,
Ch.Bolerame's Arwen Evenstar,
Ch.Bolerame's Miss Moneypenny,
BPIB.Bolerame's Cant Stop The Rayne,
Bolerame's Coco Chanel
Bolerame's Thorin Oakenshield,
Newalba's No Stripes at Bolerame,
Bolerame's Catching Fire,
Bolerame's Girl on Fire,
Can.Ch.BPIB.Emikaun Titan Moon At Bolerame,

Old 05-06-2012, 11:12 PM
and Spy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolerame View Post
Hi Sylvia,

Everything you said was correct except for one. We are a hobby breeder and breed and show quality Boxer dogs. We rarely have the sire on site. Because we are always looking for new bloodlines to add, we, more often than not, will look outside of our own kennel for a male who has something that will improve upon what we already have.
For the record, I am leery of breeders who always use their own dogs for breedings. I think it is unlikely that a dog who lives in the same household is going to be the perfect match (out of all the other possible studs on the market), and it makes me more confident in a breeder when they are reaching beyond their own dogs to find a mate that would compliment their dog and possibly improve areas they could be weaker in. I just can't help but think that breeders frequently breeding only their own dogs in their breeding programs may not be doing as much research as they should. I could be wrong, I am sure that is not always the case... But generally, I *like* seeing breeders looking beyond their own animals to improve their stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.