Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Wookie Collie

I heart Fromm everything.

One of the oldest reputable dog food companies out there, and their reputation still goes strong. Can't beat that!

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 04-30-2012, 10:07 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I don't know what kind of potato chips you eat, but the gamebird smells NASTY.

Btw thanks to this thread, today at work I was totally feeling up a bag of the LB Adult trying to gauge kibble size. Didn't work so well because of how freaking vacuum sealed the bag was.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 04-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Top Dog

LOL. Well I was right our local store did not have large breed - but they did have Gold Adult! I got a bag of duck & sweet potato, since I had a $5 off coupon, figured I'd buy the more expensive one. But still not bad - it was around $13 for a 5lb bag. He didn't eat it very enthusiastically, unfortunately, but he did eat it. But we're going to get thru the bag and he'll come around I am sure and I'll see how he does with the one bag. *crosses fingers* I switched him cold turkey, as he never usually has problems, but he did have a bit of gas tonight (nothing terrible, but very unusual for him)... but that could've been from something else, too. I saw him eating poop earlier outside and had to stop him. lol.

Brit & Jackson

Old 04-30-2012, 10:59 PM
orange iguanas.

Hope it works out, and that his gas clears up lol. Silly poop eating dogs.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe Juno has a duck problem, and not a Fromm problem. Because we've only done the surf & turf and gamebird formulas so far, and they are both mostly duck based. And she used to be on Natural Balance duck & potato and didn't do fantastic on that either. Maybe beef is our answer! I hope.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Top Dog

Pretty soft stool this AM which is unusual for him :/ he usually switches cold turkey fine. And the first day he was eating Acana Lamb and Apple, he had a nice hard solid BM from the get-go. But I seem to remember this the last time we tried Fromm, I often wonder if he's got issues w/ barley and flaxseed. He doesn't have issues with oats or oatmeal it seems. So I dunno, I realize it's only been one poo but MAN, I want so bad for Fromm to work LOL.

He just has always done the best on Acana (both grainfree and grain) soooo.... Guess I should stick with it. I guess another option, since he seems to do best on a bit more of limited ingredient types is Go! Sensitivity + Shine Duck. But I may give Acana Chicken and Burbank Potato a try since we hadn't tried that flavor yet.

I don't know if I should stick through the bag of Fromm and see what happens or just stick with what I know works.

Brit & Jackson

Old 05-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Top Dog

Here is the reason according to Fromm:

All of our kibble is average to small size. There are two reasons for this; one being the method of our cooking at a lower temperature and slower pace to help avoid any damage to essential proteins or amino acids which can be caused in an intense heat process. The second reason is that a smaller kibble is better digestion for the dog. Their system is more efficiently able to break it down and process it.

Brit & Jackson

Old 05-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Wild At Heart

Harleigh is on Fromm Duck and Sweet Potato (the first grain inclusive food I've fed since she was like 1 y/o, lol) and also Fromm Surf and Turf.

She loves them both, but that isn't surprising because she loves everything. She is maintaining her weight really good and goes bonkers every time I put the food in her bowl. We are definitely adding both to our rotation (along with Back to Basics, which is her absolute FAVE).

I do find the size difference between the two kibbles funny though. The Surf and Turf kibble looks JUST like the stuff I used to feed my friend's Emu

Harleigh <3