Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 04-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TainaPR View Post
Besides, I honestly have no clue how to get her off the pad and outside.Besides, with all the rain we get here how would I get her outside and onto the muddy grass to go potty? I'd never be able to keep her clean!
I can't stress enough how important it is for your puppy to learn - at this young age! - to walk on wet grass and mud! Trust me, whether you ever teach her to potty outside or not, it's going to be super annoying - and embarrassing - one day when you really need her to walk on a wet surface and she's scared of it because she never had to before. When she's in her socialization period, she HAS to have these important experiences!

I raised a puppy last year when we were in the middle of our worst drought in recorded history. The one time it rained while he was a puppy, I ran him outside and we played in the rain! (Luckily it happened to be warm that day, LOL.) In the beginning he was a little scared of it, but to this day he doesn't mind being out in the rain or toileting in the rain, and that's really important for the both of us.

If she gets wet, have a towel by the door to dry her with. If she gets muddy, give her a bath.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Love My Mutt <3

You'd... never be able to keep her clean? How do you keep yourself clean? She's a dog...

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
You'd... never be able to keep her clean? How do you keep yourself clean? She's a dog...
Well I wear shoes when I go out and the dirt/grass/mudd doesnt reach my belly when I step off the pavement. But I guess I should be grateful shes a short haired dog and low maintenance. I'll start taking her even for short walks as shes starting to get curious about the outdoors, she been escaping off the front porch and cant be out unsupervised.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Show Dog

My husband works nights too. Dog sleeps with me, I would sneek it at first. Make the dog get off the bed when Dh got home in the morning.

Now the dog sleeps with him too, and if we are both there, he will climb in between us.
Sometimes I wish I didn't allow it, but oh well.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizzy35 View Post
My husband works nights too. Dog sleeps with me, I would sneek it at first. Make the dog get off the bed when Dh got home in the morning.

Now the dog sleeps with him too, and if we are both there, he will climb in between us.
Sometimes I wish I didn't allow it, but oh well.
LOL he doesnt really mind except that one time he came home early and nearly squished the poor pup...shes that small