Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2012, 08:24 PM
I'm All Ears

Default Need New Ideas

This is the ONE behavior problem I have with Mia. Let me first say that she no longer does this at all in a class setting. In class, she doesn't exactly 'settle' but has learned to sit in her crate until being released. This has taken quite a while to get there.

At home though if I take out Summer, she's a mess. I've done crate game after crate game. It works until I get Summer out and Mia is stuck in a crate.

Here's a video where I just waited her out a minute to let you all see what she's doing. I'm really worried she's going to hurt her teeth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFakC7AOPZw

One thing I'm wondering is that this is her travel crate that I use at home. I use her bigger wire crate and mat at class. Maybe I should use that one at home too to make things more consistent?

I am feeling bad because I'm not getting any work done with Summer and when I do try to pay a lot of attention to Mia while Summer is out, I often miss when Summer is doing what I want. I guess when I really want to work with Summer I should take her outside and then treat these sessions more as a time to work with Mia in the crate and use Summer as a distraction?

I'm so frustrated with this. I've been working on it for months and am seeing no progress at all.