Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 09:54 AM
Top Dog

Yep sounds false, good luck
Old 11-21-2005, 10:03 AM
Naturally Natural

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckaduck
My mentor who has been breedign for years and years came over and palpated her, he felt nothing and he suggests that it is likely a false preggy. He wants to pay for the scann and have her checked so that will help in this mystery alot.
instead of paying for the scan, why doesnt he just pay for the spay? seems like that would be the safest way to ensure she doesnt have an accidental litter, and put an end to any mystery.

ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, VC CDX ASCA-CDX CDX-H RE RL1X RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC FFX-OG

Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD ASCA-CD CD-H BN RN NA RL1 WAC ATT YTT PTT CGC

Bowie's Here Comes the Boom!

http://otchrah.blogspot.com/
Old 11-21-2005, 10:23 AM
yuckaduck

We bought her to breed with in future that was the whole point to purchasing this dog. So if I just spay her then that is aload of waste of money. Problem is my hubby changed his mind every 30 secs, we are spaying her we are not we are we are not so who the heck knows.

The scann showed nothing so vet says false preggy and we are to wait and see what she reacts like in the next few weeks.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
We bought her to breed with in future that was the whole point to purchasing this dog. So if I just spay her then that is aload of waste of money. Problem is my hubby changed his mind every 30 secs, we are spaying her we are not we are we are not so who the heck knows.

The scann showed nothing so vet says false preggy and we are to wait and see what she reacts like in the next few weeks.
You got the scan done already?

You and your husband should've gotten on the same page about what you wanted to do with your lives before you started the rescue or breeding. Time to sit him down for a wee chat?
Old 11-21-2005, 10:36 AM
yuckaduck

He has always dreamed of breeding working gsd's and that is what he plans to do. I support him that is what married people who love each other do.

Hope will not be spayed she will be bred in future when we are ready whether you people like it or not.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
He has always dreamed of breeding working gsd's and that is what he plans to do. I support him that is what married people who love each other do.

Hope will not be spayed she will be bred in future when we are ready whether you people like it or not.
Did I miss something here? I'm not questioning your relationship with your husband or his dreams just giving you a suggestion. Running a rescue and breeding is (whether you like it or not) a business. As such, all "partners" should be clear on where that business is going. In this case, because it's a rescue and/or breeding business, we're not talking in the monetary sense but what's best for the dogs.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:56 AM
Big Dog

Quote:

I had the mistaken impression that Hope was a rescue. Is she from working lines?
Old 11-21-2005, 01:01 PM
It wasn't me

Question

What? Where did that snippy last remark come from? only one person said to go ahead and spay instead of doing the scans and maybe that's because you said if she was preg. you would find a vet to spay early. But then you said you bought her to breed later on anyway. The cost of the unwanted preg. or the cost of the unintended spay. That's what you're wagering right?

John's website, http://www.colorcrayon.com

change is the only constant in work and life
Old 11-21-2005, 05:07 PM
Island dweller

At Yuckaduck's request this thread will be locked. She's also like everyone to know that she is sick and will be away from the forum for awhile.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:10 PM
It wasn't me

Oook then. Maybe she'll let us know when she gets well. =)
Closed Thread