Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 01-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Top Dog

Oh NO!
Lots of good vibes your way~~~~~

EDIT: almost couldn't find it. A page you might be interested in-
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~n51ls801/mct.html

EDIT2: OH MY GOSH !!! I decided to go look up Roxanne's parents...Her sire was already highlighted in the database , I had clicked on him once before already, he's Fleetwood's Great-Grandsire! I'm going to have to look into this more, but just thought you should know this.

Last edited by ~WelshStump~; 01-26-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Top Dog

Welsh... I didn't see this until just now!! I must have looked before you edited it. I got chills while reading it!! I'm going to look, but I'm on mobile... Is there anyway that you can give me links to the pedigree(s)?

Thank you SO MUCH! I want to give all this information to the vet tomorrow. You are INCREDIBLEY helpful!

Edit:
Nevermind, I got 'em

Fleetwood Mes Yeux Vigilant CGCA RE TDCH TDI and Shed Antler Dog!

Last edited by Tazwell; 01-29-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:12 AM
Love my pets

Sending healing vibes and lots of hugs to both of you.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:22 PM
overdogged

Hey, how's Fleetwood doing?
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 02-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Top Dog

Oh wow, I completely forgot to update-- Thanks for reminding me, elegy!

It took a while to get his test results back-- but it turns out he has Pancreatic insufficiency. It doesn't explain the lymphocyte count, so the doctor Is still very concerned about that. But she's hoping that because his Pancreas has screwed with his immune system so much, that that symptom was an indirect affect of his condition.

He has just started a new medication called PancrePlus. He's been on it for 3 days, and so far no better-- in fact, worse-- than before. But it's only been 3 days, I have to give it time.

I gave him a bath the day he started it, and then the next day he was covered in bumps (hives?). I also gave him zukes training treats, which aren't on our usual menu, so I'm starting to wonder which thing caused the reaction. Maybe he is allergic to pork or chicken? The PancrePlus is just beef, pork, and lamb pancreas.

At any rate, well figure it out! Let's keep our fingers crossed that after 1 month of PancrePlus his lymphocyte count is back to normal.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Top Dog

I believe Sizzle's corgi has EPI, you might want to hit her up for some tips.

VIBES Fleetwood improves with time! Thanks for the update.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Top Dog

*Bump* Hope no one minds me doing that.

How is he doing lately?

Also, just wanted to update a bit on pedigree research. I found the rotten apple, his name is "Vars de Mavourneen", I would highly suggest not buying a dog where he appears on both side of the pedigree. That's all I'll say for now.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Top Dog

The skin problem is well enough under control (not completely gone, but better). His overall condition is not that great. For the first time since September, he's back on dog food consistently-- three weeks now, I believe. Up until recently he hasn't been able to eat anything other than meat and rice.

He still vomits all the time, usually when his tummy is empty. It's no longer bile, though, it's darker and has specks of what looks like blood or tissue in it. He vomits Tagamet or Pepcid ac, usually when I give that to him.

Some days he can't get enough to eat, others he'll go days without wanting to eat. I his tummy is empty, he has major problems. The vet gave us pancrezyme, but that made him violently ill at every attempt. I thought that he was allergic to pork, because that's what it's derived from, but he doesn't have any reactions to other pork products. In fact, nothing in particular seems to make him sick, it just seems to be random. Vomiting is at least a daily thing, a part of our routine.

I am now feeding him lamb formula dog food, supplemented with naturvet digestive enzymes an probiotics (basically a much, much less concentrated version of pancrezyme). His worst problem is his endurance, which is very low at this time. He can't do much of anything, or he's sick for days. He's always sort of weak and sleepy. He was at one point up to 97lbs, but now I can't get him to exceed 85.

It's not totally debilitating, we still do what we like to do, I just have to be careful about how much we do. He's certainly not going to be the performance dog I had hoped for, but that's okay. We do what we can!

Welsh, you must pm me with the details, please!

Old 04-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Top Dog

Was really hoping not to an update like that . Did they do any scans or anything to look at his pancreas? Someone from another forum just joined here who has a GSD with EPI (Shelteez), it was the first time I had ever heard of it and some of the article I looked at showed in surgery photos of the damaged pancreas, it's not a good condition, but it's strange that he isn't able to eat the digestive aid?

And have you stopped vaccines? I personally at this point wouldn't give him anymore, especially Rabies if possible. Last time Jinjo had a rabies vac it threw him over the edge, I'm once again trying to clear him of a bad bacterial infection in the ears, and he hasn't stopped hacking from allergies. But Vaccines will mess with the immune system and have known to cause autoimmune disorders in rare cases.

Sending you a PM, hope it helps a little for the future.