Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Agility and Dog Sports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-22-2012, 02:01 AM
Panzerotti's Avatar
Panzerotti Panzerotti is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysania View Post
When we got her it was obvious that everything she did had been controlled (she's an adult rescue) and so she had to learn how to relax and do things without constantly checking in with me. She's come a LONG way since we started!
I'm glad you decided to go and ended up having a good day! Thanks for sharing the video and teaching Dahlia to have fun!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-22-2012, 07:03 AM
BostonBanker's Avatar
BostonBanker BostonBanker is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 8,094
Default

Congratulations! She seems like a super sweet dog, and there is nothing like seeing those restrained, cautious girls decide the game is fun and get their motor going I speak from experience!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Kyllobernese's Avatar
Kyllobernese Kyllobernese is offline
Big Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: B.C., Canada
Posts: 129
Default

Twice I have competed in trials when it was pouring rain and neither turned out that well. In the closing in Gamblers, Remmy slipped on the grass when he went for the jump and crashed into the jump and fell. Luckily he did not hurt himself and it was his last class so we were finished.

The second time was Kiska's first ever Jumpers Class. When she tried to go through the chute (she is a very small dog) she had to try and try before she could push her way through. It took quite a while before I could get her back to running through the chute. Right after her class they did not use the chute again but that did not help her.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Kyllobernese's Avatar
Kyllobernese Kyllobernese is offline
Big Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: B.C., Canada
Posts: 129
Default



Here is Kiska trying to get through the chute.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Kyllobernese's Avatar
Kyllobernese Kyllobernese is offline
Big Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: B.C., Canada
Posts: 129
Default



Zoomies in the pouring rain. You can see him taking a tumble over the jump just before the weaves.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-23-2012, 12:54 PM
adojrts's Avatar
adojrts adojrts is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyllobernese View Post
Twice I have competed in trials when it was pouring rain and neither turned out that well. In the closing in Gamblers, Remmy slipped on the grass when he went for the jump and crashed into the jump and fell. Luckily he did not hurt himself and it was his last class so we were finished.

The second time was Kiska's first ever Jumpers Class. When she tried to go through the chute (she is a very small dog) she had to try and try before she could push her way through. It took quite a while before I could get her back to running through the chute. Right after her class they did not use the chute again but that did not help her.
I have seen this before as well and I don't understand why they have to wait to switch out a chute to a tunnel or just remove it. Why wait until there is a problem when the solution is so easy. One place I trial, if it is raining hard, chute comes out, kudos to them.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Kyllobernese's Avatar
Kyllobernese Kyllobernese is offline
Big Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: B.C., Canada
Posts: 129
Default



Sorry that was the wrong video. This is the one I meant to post.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-24-2012, 07:34 AM
crysania's Avatar
crysania crysania is offline
Puppy Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
I have seen this before as well and I don't understand why they have to wait to switch out a chute to a tunnel or just remove it. Why wait until there is a problem when the solution is so easy. One place I trial, if it is raining hard, chute comes out, kudos to them.
I agree. At this trial they just didn't put the chute out there at all, knowing it was calling for rain. The judge made the call to replace it as they were setting up the first course. It seemed like a smart idea!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-24-2012, 07:36 AM
crysania's Avatar
crysania crysania is offline
Puppy Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Congratulations! She seems like a super sweet dog, and there is nothing like seeing those restrained, cautious girls decide the game is fun and get their motor going I speak from experience!
Thank you! She's still a bit restrained but she's starting to relax more and more all the time. She's still pretty slow, but she's so much faster and less hesitant than she used to be. You can see her still checking in with me frequently, but every once in awhile she just goes for it without having to hesitate and look to make sure it's what I want (it happens on the A-Frame and again at the end). We're getting there, though there's a long way to go!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site