Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2012, 07:53 AM
Puppy Dog

I thought I'd drop in here as I'm also training in agility and LOVE it. We started in June 2010 and it's been a slow progression for us for a couple reasons. The main one is we don't have a yard and so I don't get to train at home very often. I own a few jumps and a tunnel and sometimes pack it all up to take to the park but it's such a pain! But I also have (had?) the slowest, most mellow dog. Seriously, our video at our first CPE trial (last November) was embarrassing. We did manage to get one Q, but oh GOSH were we slow. She sort of trotted along through the course.

Since then we've been speeding up and getting more and more accurate. I'm amazed at the energy and drive she seems to have suddenly developed. I spent over a year waiting for my dog to catch up to me and now I'm having to keep up with HER! I really need to get a video sometime just to see what she looks like when she's on fire (for her at least!).

Her major trial issue has been contacts. She's brilliant on them in class, but balks at trials. We've been working on hard the past few months to get her even better on them in class. We go go our third CPE trial next Saturday and I'm nervous already!

I've been enjoying everyone's videos here! It's good to see some other folks and where they are in their training.