Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Default Baby squirrel

I'm bottle feeding a teeny baby squirrel until she is ready to fledge. Poor thing probably blew out of a nest last night.

A client brought her into the vet this afternoon and I'm hooked. She is SO adorable!!

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 04-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Top Dog

Peeeeektures?

How cute! We found a squirrel once when the kids were young. It fell out of it's nest and our cat almost got it. He was so tiny and we bottle fed him. He became very tame and we put a gigantic cage out for him for night time. He would follow us around in the yard and climb up our legs (we needed to have jeans on) and he'd snuggle....so cute. Then about a year or two (I forget) later, he just died. Maybe that's all the longer they live. I'm not sure. But there was no apparent cause. Everyone was so sad.

I hope your little guy gets along well. Keep us updated, will you? And peeeeektures!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-11-2012, 01:56 PM

I'm on my blackberry so I will post first thing in the morning.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:33 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Here when they are released they are paired up with another squirrel to be buddies their first winter over so they don't freeze. That is what I did with Liza when we got back from Grammy's, I took her to th nature sanctuary and that is what they told me needed to be done. Maybe you can find someone else who is raising one so they can be buddied up.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 04-11-2012, 03:52 PM

We don't get that cold here. Never snows, never frosts. She will be fine alone when released. I have a huge colony in the garden and she should integrate, especially being a female.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Top Dog

many years ago when I was a kid, my Dad brought home to baby squirrels. My mom bottle fed them , had them in a box with heating pad..when they finally got 'fur' , they were the cutest things, like little mini squirrels, very cat like, but very very mischievious! had to be watched 24/7 when out of their cage.

My Dad built a big cage for them, and we routinely let them out to do explore, climb trees, at nite, he'd give them a whistle and they'd come scampering back to their cage..Very friendly and easily handled , back then anyway