Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Chazhound Dog Meets

Old 07-18-2010, 01:02 PM
BSL Can Be Beaten

Default Just what is a "pitbull"

Irks me to no end; very dangerous terminology, especially in this neck of the woods.

“pit bull” includes,

(a) a pit bull terrier,

(b) a Staffordshire bull terrier,

(c) an American Staffordshire terrier,

(d) an American pit bull terrier,

(e) a dog that has an appearance and physical characteristics that are substantially similar to those of dogs referred to in any of clauses (a) to (d); (“pit-bull”)

Had an awesome 8 hour chinwag with one of the top level gals associated with the DLCC; and her husband came in and sat down with us too.

They are a wealth of information on old bloodline reg'd APBT. They will not discuss with people their "pitbulls", their "Texas rednose", their "bluenose" and since they are not ashamed or afraid to promote their association with American Pit Bull Terriers, they often get into conversations with individuals about the breed.

The husband goes so far as to inform people (for their safety and the safety of the dogs under Bill 132) that their "texas rednose" or "bluenose pit" isn't an American Pit Bull Terrier, if it isn't registered and there is no such thing as a "pitbull"; and is in fact a mutt/mongrel/mixed breed; that of course if it has characteristics similar to . . .; they should be neuter/spay/muzzling the animal to avoid confiscation and destruction.

Upsets some individuals, and the comeback is quite frequently; the vet said the dog is a "pitbull", "rednose", "bluenose". From what I understand, the Veterinarian Association is not permitting it's members to identify these dogs as "pitbulls", so the husband will visit said vet and make them stop identifying mixed breeds without papers as "pitbulls".

I love this couple; they have done so much for the breed and are so vehement about temperament and proper structure. They have some seriously nice dogs on their yard and it's a shame that they have to deal with the result of Bill 132.

Jennifer Sider First Dog Off the Porch Custom Collars
Mom to Mitchell, Avalon, Ninja, Jiggs and Misty
Life is forever and everything is just an experience on the road to enlightenment.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Active Pup

Default Fight to End The Pit Bull Ban/crosspost

How is Coyo doing? I hope better. How is he with other dogs now? I hope this bad pit bull experience doesnt scar him and make him scared of other dogs. Ive seen that happen before. Its such a shame.