Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Default Lack of Drive, Making Excuses? Grrrrr

I honestly don't know what the heck is going on!!

I know there has been a lot going on but why can't I get a handle of this crap!!?

I have never been so frustrated with myself!! I can't seem to get control of my seriously self destructive behavior... Can't seem to make my life and health a priority! What in hell is wrong with me? LOL

I have to get weight off, I have some medical issues (Don't want to get into them too much, but at 38 I am at risk of having serious heart problems if I don't deal with some crap) but I get all motivated and then fall off the wagon with any darn excuse! Oh broke a nail? Oh well, may as well eat! (I am exaggerating but you get the idea)

Same with my other two major vices! I will grab any excuse to smoke even to the point I think I sometimes create a fight or stress as an excuse, and Diet Pop? Even a hint of a headache and I can't try, just go get a pop!!

The worst is, I KNOW I can do these things! I KNOW I have to, and I even recognize that I am making any excuse to hang onto vices that could darn well kill me.... And Yet..... I keep doing them!!

I feel, I don't know, Lazy? And I know I am not I work hard and am on the go steady, I have no problem giving my all to help with the shop, for work, for friends or the kids... But use the biggest excuse that I am too tired or busy when it comes to my own issues!!!

I Am tired a lot, and seem to sleep more, or I am not able to sleep at all.... In the past I walked or biked a lot, lately I just don't seem to have the energy, even for things I normally love to do!

Argh..... Just needed to vent! I am frustrated with myself and don't recognize this lazy, unmotivated version of myself!

If you read that pity party, you deserve a cookie! LOL
Old 04-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

((((HUGGIES)))) that does sound very frustrating. I dont really have any advice other than hang in there and you can do it!

Do you have anyfriends that you can go biking or running with. I found that very helpful when I was making excuses for not running because I had someone who was relying on me to get my butt out of bed and go running, plus they are great motivators when you feel you can't do it.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 04-10-2012, 06:15 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I know how you feel, I am the same way with eating. I'm 20 and overweight and NEED to lose weight for my health ( I have high blood pressure and bad back/joint problems due to excess weight). It's so hard though and I'll be doing great and then any stressful or semi-stressful situation triggers my bad eating habits again.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)