Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Default R.I.P. Blue

Blue, the dog belonging to my mother's neighbors that I posted about last week was put to sleep on Friday. Although he was recovering his strength, the constant pressure on his legs, combined with his age and possibly the contents of the sinkhole, had resulted in the skin on his legs beginning to die and slough off. He would have required 6 months of skin grafts, and his owner's decided that it would be cruel to subject a dog his age to that.

But at least he got the opportunity to spend time with his people before he passed away and did not die alone.

His owners intend to adopt another poodle in the future . . . this one will not be allowed out unsupervised.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 04-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I'm sorry to hear, I was really hoping he'd pull through. So glad he didn't die alone, though.

Run free, Blue

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-08-2012, 07:04 PM
<--------Orson

RIP Blue. I'm very happy you didn't die scared and alone in that wretched sink hole, but in the loving arms of your family instead.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
RIP Blue. I'm very happy you didn't die scared and alone in that wretched sink hole, but in the loving arms of your family instead.
This -- so much.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-08-2012, 08:58 PM
<------RIP Superdog

Awwww, poor Blue! I too am so glad he at least made it "home" before he died. God Speed Blue.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:40 AM
Active Pup

Run Free Blue.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
Yes. That's at least something. But the poor dog. I'm so sorry this happened and so sorry for the friends of your Mom. What a freak accident it was. I think they did the right thing under the circumstances. T
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson