Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2012, 12:42 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I'm going to attempt to do the whole raising-a-puppy-in-an-apartment...we'll see how it goes! I figure if I can get Chloe to adapt, a puppy should be a breeze.

I'm in a complex, but not really. They are one story units, with four units on each side of the building (front and back) with parking right in front, so people shouldn't be walking back and forth outside my window all of the time as they can park right in front of their own door. The lot is small, and it is off a not-so-traveled street, so traffic should be at a minimum. You walk out the door and go to the end of the unit and there is a huge grass yard for potty breaks. (One of the apartments I looked at I liked, but turned down because it would have taken me AGES to get to small grass spot, and I didn't want to do that at two in the morning with a puppy. O.o Not just because of how annoying that would have been, but for safety reasons.)

Chloe already goes out to the bathroom on a leash as our yard isn't fenced, so I'm used to throwing on a coat and shoes to take her out. I have no shame and will probably still walk her in my PJs with my hair like a crazy person even when I move. LOL

My one worry is that if Chloe will teach the puppy to bark at everything...and that I SO do not need. Luckily, the breeds I'm interested in aren't prone to being vocal - and if I adopted, I would be dang sure to make sure I'm getting one that is quiet.