Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Top Dog

TB is a barker. He barks for no reason and non-stop. I've probably pulled a lot of hair out because of him. I wanted to punch people who continued to preach that it's because he needed more exercise or needed to get out of the kennel more (because 18 hours of outside time/inside time with an hour long walk/jog not including the games of fetch in the backyard just don't qualify). He's literally a neurotic barker. He barks first thing in the morning...of course before the boys are awake. He barks at night...of course right after I get the boys to bed. He barks in his kennel in the middle of the day. He barks outside in the middle of the day. He barks in the middle of the night (oh, like at 3:45 like he did last night). It. just. doesn't. stop!

I don't think I could ever own another dog that barks as incessently as he. It stresses everyone out, and even Cooper will go tell him "Hus, Baby!" (Hush!).

Gosh...just talking about me makes my tic come back.

ETA: And no, I cannot handle dogs that "yap". That probably drives me more crazy that TB's maniac barking does. At least his is a bark and not some whiny annoying sound. (hence why the only small dog you'd ever see me with is a Cairn Terrier. I sooooooo don't do lap dogs.)