Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

ah the heck wit camping , get the puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Just try me..

Back in teh dark ages lol. My parents and I camped all the way to the west coast, down to SanFransico and then back up through the centre of the US in a pop up (not amenities. Good times were had My parents still drive and camp all through the US every summer for months on end. Their last trialer was a partial pop out, it was like a regular camping trialer but the beds popped out for more room inside. I don't know what the fabric was but it wasn't canvas.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Who has one, or has owned one?
Did you like it? Was it a pain in the rear? How was it to set up?
We had one when I was a kid. Ours had a stove, heat, running water and a little mini fridge. I loved that thing and I'm still kind of mad that my parents sold it to my cousin a couple years ago. It didn't take too long to set up - maybe 20 minutes? Ours was kind of old school, it had the canvas sides that snapped/velcro'ed down. I can only think of one time that the sides actually came loose and it was in the spring time in Wyoming and I honestly don't know WHO thought it was a good idea for us to go camping at that time, in that place. Lol.

If Matt and I were in the market for upgrading from a tent I would totally go for a pop up. I think they're the perfect mix of tent and camper and you still feel as if you're actually camping - a feeling I don't get in an air conditioned RV. We took ours all over the place, N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska, New Mexico, Colorado (before we moved here), Kansas.....and often for a week to two weeks at a time.

Quote:
Towing, crazy all over the place or didn't really notice it going down the road?
When I was learning to drive I actually drove us back from New Mexico with the tent trailer attached and it really wasn't so bad. It's no worse/better than any other trailer.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 04-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

AND THIS

AND THIS

Old 04-04-2012, 08:38 AM
<--------Orson

All right bogart, you are being very naughty! LOL

As great as a puppy sounds, I doubt my son would be ready to accept one and Orson is an asshat about other dogs.

I'm still chipping away at Kevin about the camper! LOL, I will be victorious through sheer annoyance if need be

As to the pop ups, I do agree........I don't think I'd care much for camping in a RV, too much like a hotel room. I camp because I WANT to be outside and 'rough it' I'm getting older and a pop up is enough mix of 'comfort and rough' LOL