Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-02-2012, 08:47 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Vic under one arm, Neccy by my side, Pepper at my feet, Shaffer along the length of my legs. Collectively I bet they equal a big dog. I get up sometimes and I leave a space just my size between them, but someone always moves in before I can get back in it and we have to start all over.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 04-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Lab Love

I do. Duke sleeps with me every night, he's 50lbs. Boomer will sleep with me when he's here, he's 115lbs. McGruff will also sleep in my bed when he's here, he's around 70lbs. Sometimes I have all three in my bed and that is way too much.

Honestly I prefer them not too but I got kinda lax 'cause Duke usually sleeps at the foot of the bed and won't bother me. McGruff and Boomer are hardcore cuddlers but since they don't live with me I'm ok with it temporarily. But it still dirties the bed something fierce...

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 04-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Top Dog

Luna sleeps in bed with me, but she's teeny and sleeps under the blankets, so most of the time I barely notice her. She gets to choose when she wants to sleep with me, too, and on the days when she's grumpy she goes off and finds her own place to sleep.

Keegan does not sleep with me. He's only 55 pounds, but my bed's only full-size... and his legs are long. I let him lay on my bed while I watch TV before I go to sleep, and if he wakes up before me in the morning he can jump up for the last 20 minutes or so that I stay in bed, but the in-between time? No. For one thing, he sleeps on top of the blankets of course so I always feel like he pins me in. Plus I guess I just need room to stretch.

He sleeps on a bed next to mine. Occasionally he sleeps in his crate, which is at the foot of my bed.

When I stayed at my friend's house a few months ago, I got a king-size bed, and Keegan got to sleep in the bed with me. We both enjoyed it. I guess if I TRUELY loved him, I'd get a king-size bed so he could sleep in it every night.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Wild At Heart

Harleigh sleeps on my bed, has since she was around 6 months old. She weighs 65-ish pounds.... and is a terrible bedmate, lol. She grunts, kicks, snores and steals all the pillows

Harleigh <3
Old 04-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Top Dog

Both my dogs sleep in bed with me. Gavroche is 53 pounds and Logan is 76ish pounds, and I sleep in a full size bed. It's a bit cramped at times, but very cozy, very comforting, and very secure. I love it when one dog lays on one side of me and the other on the other side. Pure bliss <3

Gavroche sleeps under the blankets and Logan sleeps on top of the blankets. However when I get up to pee, they both try to steal my spot

A couple nights I've also had my friend's 80-pound golden in bed, too. One on each side and one at the foot of the bed. That's about my limit, though.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Top Dog

Oh, I've had Macie, the 150lb mastiff in bed with me before. It's pretty scary sheet when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't feel/move your legs. Dante wasn't so bad, he was a cuddle bug, but he didn't lay ON you. Goose laid over my legs. Eve and Indy laid over/on my legs too, but they were the small dogs. Eve was small enough she could curl up on my chest.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:59 AM
Wu-Tang Steph

That was when Shammy was a baby.. and pretty much the only time he was allowed to sleep in bed with me. He's allowed now (despite his ~85 lbs) but ONLY if I am taking a rare nap and my boyfriend is awake. Magpie, Jonas, and Smalls all sleep in the bed at night but Jack prefers not to. Sham will sleep in his crate until hell freezes over.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Puppy Dog

My 2 labs both sleep in bed with me.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:39 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Nope.

Luckily the dogs agree with me that sharing a bed is extremely irritating lol. they like their space to sleep however they want and I like my space to sprawl out however I want. On the rare occassion that one of them jumps up with me when Brian gets up for work it usually only lasts about 10 minutes until I try to move or roll over and then I get a big SIGH and they hop down and go back to their spots on the couch or arm chair lol.

so we have a mutual agreement that we don't pester each other while sleeping lol.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Big Dog

My chunky monkey sleeps with me every night. I have a double bed, and she isn't a huge cuddler so it works out well! She weighs in right at 30lbs.
This is the norm

Sometimes we end up like this though haha