Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-02-2012, 12:31 PM
*Now with Snark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilavati View Post
Well . . . dogs are addictive . . .
Just hope people aren't snorting them. Anyway, is it possible someone with an FDA license is breeding dogs? Sure, research beagles and the like would make sense there.

My next question to such a comment would be, "What does that mean?"
Old 04-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat09Tails View Post
Just hope people aren't snorting them. Anyway, is it possible someone with an FDA license is breeding dogs? Sure, research beagles and the like would make sense there.

My next question to such a comment would be, "What does that mean?"
I suppose drug companies might be breeding dogs for research and they would have an FDA license, but not for breeding dogs. To my knowledge, there is nothing done with dogs that would make the breeding of them fall into the FDA's jurisdiction . . . some experiments on dogs might fall under FDA testing protocols, but not the breeding itself. But I'm not really an FDA expert, so I could be mistaken, and there could be, somewhere, some dog breeding facility that has for some reason been evaluated somehow by the FDA.

But my guess is they meant USDA, which people associate with food safety, which mutated into FDA, which people also associate with food safety, because the two agencies split jurisdiction over food.

(If you want your brain to hurt, go look at the frozen pizzas. A cheese pizza is regulated by the FDA. A pepperoni pizza, of the same brand, exactly the same in every way except for the little slices of preserved pork, is regulated by the USDA. The two agencies have almost nothing in common in terms of controlling law, intended purpose, mandate, and jurisdiction. And people wonder why we have food safety issues . . . . )

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com