Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-28-2012, 11:18 AM
orange iguanas.

Kids having freedom is fine. When I was younger, me and the neighborhood kids were always out and about playing but we never set camp in someone else's yard. We played in OUR yards. We would cut through (unfenced) yards but that was about it. I can't even imagine climbing over someone's fence.

Plus the idea of kids that young being unsupervised is unsettling to me. My nephews are 6 and 5 years old... they're smart kids but at the end of the day they're still only 6 and 5, and not immune to danger. I know a little girl (who was about that age) who was playing with some neighborhood kids one night and she ended up wandering onto the freeway that their neighborhood is adjacent to. No, that story does not have a happen ending. And the parents had no idea where their kids were at the time. Why not??!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-28-2012, 12:25 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Kids having freedom is fine. When I was younger, me and the neighborhood kids were always out and about playing but we never set camp in someone else's yard. We played in OUR yards. We would cut through (unfenced) yards but that was about it. I can't even imagine climbing over someone's fence.

Plus the idea of kids that young being unsupervised is unsettling to me. My nephews are 6 and 5 years old... they're smart kids but at the end of the day they're still only 6 and 5, and not immune to danger. I know a little girl (who was about that age) who was playing with some neighborhood kids one night and she ended up wandering onto the freeway that their neighborhood is adjacent to. No, that story does not have a happen ending. And the parents had no idea where their kids were at the time. Why not??!
how terribly sad

I agree that kids having freedom is fine... at a reasonable age. I had a lot of freedom in the small town I grew up. but not that young. it really is unsettling

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney