Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Mutts to you

I've never claimed to be a grown-up... but I couldn't do decent cartwheels as a kid... not gonna get any better now. Lol!

There's a place called the City Museum in St. Louis that is the best ever! If anyone makes to the midwest and are within striking distance, don't pass it up! Most of it involves climbing, crawling, or sliding throughout the building (and outside). It's an adult sized jungle gym, created from recycled materials. There are 'caves' under the floor, an adult sized habi-trail in the ceiling and a three-story jungle gym attached to the outside. We took a friend's ten year old and had more fun than she did. We need to go back since they keep adding to it.
http://citymuseum.org/site/?cat=11

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 03-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Top Dog

Oh wow! I'm moving to St. Louis!

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Top Dog

I don't understand why people say being old means you can't do anything. lol A relative of mine still goes on hikes and hiked up steep mountain trails with me several years ago. He is in his 90s. I hope I'm able to do same at his age. lol
Old 03-25-2012, 03:29 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinPinOwner View Post
I don't understand why people say being old means you can't do anything. lol A relative of mine still goes on hikes and hiked up steep mountain trails with me several years ago. He is in his 90s. I hope I'm able to do same at his age. lol
No one is saying that bein old means you can't do ANYTHING. lol but I am sure if you ask tht 90 year old if he can do cartwheels and back handsprings like a 10 year old kid... I bet his answer is no LOL.

I am NOT old. I am only 30 lol but reality is I am not able to do certain things as well (or as easily) as i could when I was 10. I won silver in a gymnastics meet when i was a kid but if I went out there now I would be laughed out of the building lol. Its just reality lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-25-2012, 03:51 PM
SevenSins

In other news, I totally thought your avatar was a uterus wearing a crown.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:55 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
In other news, I totally thought your avatar was a uterus wearing a crown.
Yes i have heard that before. I can't Figure out how people keep making that mistake but even so... A uterus with a crown is apt lol

I also have one on my keychain and if my van had an antenna i would have one there too lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Let it be

If it makes any of you feel better at 20 I have a limp from a riding injury. It is flared up so bad right now I hobble. When I walk anywhere it feels like I have knives grating away at the bones in my pelvis. It shoots all the way down into my kneecap and my foot.

You don't have to be old to be hurtin'.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Oh wow Sparks...poor Brian. That sounds pretty darn painful. I hope his surgery will go well. I love your sense of humor.... Too cute and funny!
Yeah... LOL When we meet in May, i'll probably still be on my crutches. Kinda cool though, I can use that as an excuse to board the plane first and get a seat up front. (Southwest)

But it WILL be a PITA to haul my luggage around on crutches. Me thinks i'll be using my hockey gear back pack (large it be) for my stuff this trip.

I need to think up a COOL story to tell people as to why I am on crutches. "I'm getting old, years of hockey and running around the woods is catching up with me", just does not sound very cool.

Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
Yeah... LOL When we meet in May, i'll probably still be on my crutches. Kinda cool though, I can use that as an excuse to board the plane first and get a seat up front. (Southwest)

But it WILL be a PITA to haul my luggage around on crutches. Me thinks i'll be using my hockey gear back pack (large it be) for my stuff this trip.

I need to think up a COOL story to tell people as to why I am on crutches. "I'm getting old, years of hockey and running around the woods is catching up with me", just does not sound very cool.

Alligator wrestling.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 03-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinPinOwner View Post
The older you get, the easier it is to injure yourself. Going on hikes is one thing, I have a few relatives in their 90's that still go on hikes, but they wouldn't do downhill skiing like they did when they were younger.
My father is one reason why I didn't replace my diving board on my pool when it broke. In his 70's he would go off it and do flips. His head was getting closer and closer to the edge and it was making me nervous. Between him and 3 teenagers I said I was going to give myself some peace and not replace it. He also tore something on the back of his heel playing basketball. His body just doesn't stretch the way it used to.

Now If I could keep him out of trees or off the top of my roof, I'd feel safer. He just had a couple stents put in his heart less than 2 weeks ago and I came home from work on Friday and he was outside chopping wood.
I told him the Dr said take it easy for awhile and he said if I take it any easier I might as well be dead. In his mind he isn't 78, he is 35. I guess I'd rather that than the opposite but he does make me nervous some of the things he does when I'm not home. I told him if you insist on doing dangerous stuff at least do it when someones home to help if you need it. It goes in one ear and out the other.