Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 03-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Bite me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethemutt View Post
I'm planning a move to California next year... lol I am going to have to sneak him in... Then again, there are more vets who say they treat ferrets in the area that I am moving to than the entire metro Atlanta area I am in now....lol I don't get it.
Well at least you know that! I would have a hard time where I am getting a vet to treat one.

I'm sure there are actually LOTS of them here.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliraptor View Post
Well at least you know that! I would have a hard time where I am getting a vet to treat one.

I'm sure there are actually LOTS of them here.
Yah, I know of tons of people in California with ferrets. It makes me want to put my head to a wall when somebody comes on the ferret forum complaining their ferret is sick but they can't take it to a vet cause they are illegal there. It's like, did you not think of that before string a ferret/moving a ferret there?! So thank you for realizing trust a ferret may not be the best choice in your area

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 03-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Bite me.

We got a phone call at my work once, someone had a MONKEY they needed emergency treatment for. We said no, sorry, our vet on staff did not see primates. They were very upset, and all I could think was, "Did you not plan this out BEFORE buying an exotic animal??"
Old 03-20-2012, 02:01 PM
<3 my soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Yah, I know of tons of people in California with ferrets. It makes me want to put my head to a wall when somebody comes on the ferret forum complaining their ferret is sick but they can't take it to a vet cause they are illegal there. It's like, did you not think of that before string a ferret/moving a ferret there?! So thank you for realizing trust a ferret may not be the best choice in your area

Yeah I am defiantly going to CALL them and make sure they treat ferrets (even though their offices name is in a FERRET magazine) a few months before I move out there. I can't leave him behind....simply because I don't trust anyone else with him. He is getting up there in age and I don't want anything to happen to him because of someone elses stupidity. I also plan to get with my vet I have now and explain the situation to him.. he is really awesome so I'm sure I could call/email him with any questions (just his staff kinda sucks and "forgets" to relay my messages). I have kept everyone's vet records since the day I brought them home, so changing vets (I have had to a few times), shouldn't be a hassle.