Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 03-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Top Dog

((((hugs)))) That doesn't sound good at all if she's that easily out of breath. Poor thing. And poor you. I am thinking of you and hoping against hope there's something that can be done to alleviate this at least somewhat. So sad to have to see an animal having a hard time like that.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Update:

Mitzu has been doing so much better the last couple days. She has had some poo explosion, but feeding rice has taken care of that. She is slowly filling out more and getting some muscle tone. And her energy levels are so much higher now. And there is no more huffing and puffing after a play session.

Her personality is staring to come out more and more. And she is starting to act like a 4 month old puppy should be acting like, instead of that lethargic puppy I started out with

I just keep hoping she will continue to improve.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 03-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Top Dog

Wow! I am so pleased to hear that. Amazing! Maybe she'll completely beat the odds and have a nice, long life. It's so terrific that she can play and not be so winded like before. Maybe it was on account of being so dreadfully out of shape and not much more than that. It sounds like you're getting her conditioned nicely. Lots of vibes for continued improvement.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Great news! Maybe she'll out grow the murmur!

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Top Dog

Yes, and some murmurs don't really give much trouble. A lot of people have these and hardly notice a thing. Maybe the vet is wrong. Who knows? The important thing is she's feeling so much better and doing so well. Kudos for helping her along so nicely.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I've got a pretty serious murmur myself, I think I'll start blaming that for when I want to be lazy.

But seriously, I can't remember the grade off hand, but I want to say it was a 3 or 4, and aside from a few dizziness issues it doesn't slow me down at all.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Top Dog

I'm sorry to hear that, a very tough thing to deal with. I second maybe doing some further testing, a consult at a cardiologist, might give you more answers. I have heard of some puppies growing out of murmurs.

Keep in mind that she probably won't be able to be spayed if she has the murmur long term.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Thanks guys. In about a month or so I will be taking her to another vet to get an unbiased opinion. And hopefully get some x-rays done.

We've started her on some homeopathic herbs and whats not that's suppose to be for the heart.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
I'm sorry to hear that, a very tough thing to deal with. I second maybe doing some further testing, a consult at a cardiologist, might give you more answers. I have heard of some puppies growing out of murmurs.

Keep in mind that she probably won't be able to be spayed if she has the murmur long term.
Yah, not getting get spayed is not a huge concern for us. Regardless if she was healthy or not spaying would be way down the road after maturity.