Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Top Dog

Pet Botanics dog food rolls:

Also come in beef (just couldn't find a picture... it's the blue packaging). We use these a lot at work, just slice and dice to the size you want. It's actually very affordable, too, $10 or so for a 10-lb roll. Petco does not carry them, Petsmart does. (Incidently, Petco carries the Natural Balance roll, which we used to use until we noticed that sugar is the fourth ingredient. So stay away from those.)
Old 03-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Love My Mutt <3

All I can say is the bravo freeze-dried buffalo treats are Roseys crack. And they are tiiiny

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 03-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Top Dog

I normally use raw ground beef 'cuz I'm lazy and cheap. I'm not squeemish with raw meat, though. You can (obviously) cook it if you are. Either way, it breaks down into tiny pieces perfectly.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

lizzy, are those refridgerated or more like the NB roll?

Kimbers, because I am looking for things to use while out and about in public I will be staying away from using raw

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

I have been making the treats that Mandy posted, and my dogs go CRAZY over them. Random dogs at trials try to steal my treats. My cats even try to get them. I've stopped buying treats and I just make up a batch every couple of weeks (I freeze what I don't use) and it's so much cheaper than buying store bought ones.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:32 PM
orange iguanas.

"MoMos":
http://www.k10detection.com/PRODUCTS.html

We have the bison and lamb in the "mini style." I'm not sure how exactly they're cooked, but they feel like a freeze dried treat to me. They're not SUPER easy to cut with a knife but it's not difficult either. I bought mine at the pet expo last year, so if you're planning on going to that they might be there again selling them... I was told they were going to start selling them at C&Ds but that obviously hasn't happened yet

And they're MN made which is always nice to support.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Top Dog

I make up the tuna or salmon, dogs go nuts for them. Also I made a new recipe at x-mas for my guys. Did a little experimenting and oh boy was it a hit lol.

1 medium sized sweet potato
Shred with skin on
2 eggs
1 + cups of flour (any kind)
3 tps of oil

mix, greased pan, press into pan, bake at 250 for 20 mins or so, soft, moist and not dried out. Cool and then use a pizza cutter and cut to size.

They freeze very well and the dogs go bananas for them
Old 03-15-2012, 05:54 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Kimbers, because I am looking for things to use while out and about in public I will be staying away from using raw
Probably a good idea. Definitely wouldn't want to shake anyone's hand while using it.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:48 AM
Not a Border Collie

Quinn works so hard for the Old Mother Hubbard minis that we got for SS. They're very easy to break up and perfect for training. Not sure on the ingredients though, but I know they have a lot of flavors.

Northern Biscuits are my favorite probably! Quinn loves them too. They're crunchy, but never get hard even when left out and are really easy to break for training. They're almost a little bit flakey. They have a lot of very unusual flavors that are actually made with the meat source in the name! I can't believe some of the flavors they have lol. Inexpensive, as well.
http://www.northernbiscuit.ca/products.html

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 03-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Show Dog

I started using a new "treat" a couple of weeks ago with my guys, on the recommendation of friend that teaches conditioning for canine athletes.
It is an air dried food, with a jerky texture. It comes in small pieces that are easy to break up, and do not crumble (which is the problem I have with most of the freeze dried or other soft treats). It comes in beef, chicken, or lamb, is grain/gluten free, contains 90% meat, and is made in the USA. I used to use the Real Meat treats and my guys loved them, but now that they made a food, I will be using it from now on. The price is great too. I get a 2lb for $20 after tax.
I used if for my JRT and SBT at the flyball tournament this past weekend. They both posted their new fastest times, and maintained their stamina through out the weekend; instead of getting bogged down like they can from just feeding treats.
Here is the link...
http://www.realmeatpet.com/food.htm