Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-14-2012, 05:13 PM
and Spy.

Default Question Relating to CKC...

Whats the difference between an Event Registration Number and a Performance Event Number? I already know that I will be getting the ERN because I don't want to neuter Spy at this time, but I am just confused about what the difference between these two registrations are, and why they have two options? Also, if I get an ERN can I compete in any CKC venue except for confo?

I would really like to know what, if anything, the PEN has that is better than the ERN?

Also, it says I must provide a registration certificate reflecting current ownership... I have no idea where Spy's papers have gone over the last 5 years, what other kinds of things can I send in? Like, would documentation from the vet or something work?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Sport Model Pug

If i recall, an ERN is only for dogs who are registered in a different country (AKC, FCI, KC, etc.) who are foreign born and owned.

A PEN is for a purebred "rescue" dog with no papers, i say rescue in quotations because honestly the only way they'll give it to you is if you say your dog is a rescue.

So if he's not CKC registered or AKC/FCI/whatever registered, your only option is a PEN and he will have to be neutered to do that.

However to play Rally, you don't need CKC there is CARO and APDT as well if you're interested in that.

ETA: You will also want to become a member of the CKC if you plan to compete in it or there are some gnarly fees to pay to keep your Qs and titles.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 03-14-2012, 07:48 PM
and Spy.

Ugh, shoot.

I looked up CARO and APDT and they have way fewer trials here There are only 2 in April and neither are within 3 hours of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Just try me..

That sucks. Here there are far more CARO trials the CKC. Though CKC is a nice for starting from what I am told. Its easier than CARO.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:02 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~ View Post
Ugh, shoot.

I looked up CARO and APDT and they have way fewer trials here There are only 2 in April and neither are within 3 hours of me.
That's how it is here too. Zero CARO and a couple APDT, tons of CKC though.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug