Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I would like to say after one or both of the pit bulls die but I am craving a sport dog too much.
I am the same way except it isn't the pit bulls, it is the old grumpy dog for me. I am really craving a new sport dog and my good friend has a VERY NICE litter of fuzzies on the ground right now that I am having a hard time not falling in love with! Then my new boss has 2 Boxer puppies one of which is a freaking AWESOME little spitfire.

It is SO hard to be responsible. SO SO HARD!
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Agility freak!

Not for a while, I don't think. I have the perfect crew right now; my couch potatoe, my drivey but shuts off when I need, my softie and my crazy balls to the walls never stop going. It's perfect.

That said, not until Psyche and Crash are gone or at least starting to slow down a lot. At this point in the game Crash and Psych are at the top of their game.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 03-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Top Dog

Not for a good long time. Two dogs is perfect for me, and Gusto is going to keep me pretty busy for a while! In theory, when he is actively competing at a masters level, and Meg is fully retired, I may consider it. More than likely, it will wait until Meg is gone. Since I have explained to her that she needs to live to at least 20, I've got a while to wait.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Not for at least a couple more years (unless seriously THE PERFECT DOG! came along), and possibly not until Frodo passes, which will be another 10 years or so, says me.

Siri picture taken by Linds.

Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:47 PM
<------RIP Superdog

Quote:
I would like to say after one or both of the pit bulls die but I am craving a sport dog too much.
Adrianne, what kind of sport dog are you looking for? I thought Backup was your sport dog? Are you looking more for one that can go out and be more social? Just curious.

After I get "new guy", I seriously dont want another for awhile (I say that now...). There are too many things I want to do with him that having 2, I wont be able to focus on. IDK. Who knows where I will be by the time im ready for a second dog.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm All Ears

I'm not sure entirely. I am aiming for 2014 but today am having major major dog want. Most days I am VERY content with my two. I am financially stable enough, but I'd like to buy a house first. I also would like for Mia to be competition ready. So I think 2014 is more realistic.

I'd really LIKE one now and could do it but I feel like I would be shortchanging Mia and I won't do that. Mia is 3 and is really fabulous. There's a lot that I need to do with her while I can.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Behavior Nerd

We won't be adding another until someone passes. Ziva is our oldest at 5yo, Kes is 3yo, Aeri is 15 months, and Snipe is 9 months, so yea, not on the horizon for a loooong time (10+ years) hopefully.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Wild At Heart

Probably 2-4 years, depending on some things. I'm aiming closer to the 2 years though

Harleigh <3
Old 03-11-2012, 05:07 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

At least 2-4 years. My sister will be 16 in a few months and when she's 18 (possibly older) we plan to get a place together and get a dog then. So yeah, a while. I can see that if I got a good job and were to take 100% responsibility I think I could convince my parents to let me get a dog sooner, but I'd probably still wait.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 03-11-2012, 05:23 PM
& the Muttly Crew

2014 would be the earliest and that's only if one particular set of circumstances occurs.

Otherwise, 2016 or so most likely. Mira will be 6 then and I think that'd be a good time to start bringing along a new pup.

In the future I plan for my youngest to always be at least 3-4 before adding another dog. Three dogs spaced two years apart is just not a good idea if you want to compete in dogsports, IMO. One of those "wouldn't change it but wouldn't do it again either" sort of things

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Monster Monkey, b. Dec'13