Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Backward_Cinderella

Default Flex Fuel?

Does anyone know how I would go about finding a place that has Flex Fuel available? The HHR is FF compatible and we'd like to give it a shot, but the websites I'm finding don't seem to help me actually find a LOCATION. O.o
Old 03-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Try searching for gas stations with E85, that's what it's more likely to be called. Thornton's around here has it, I can't think of anywhere else off the top of my head though... probably because my 12 year old Impala can't do E85 so it's irrelevant beyond "Man, E85 is so much cheaper..."

ETA: Ooh, here you go... try this?
http://www.e85fuel.com/find-an-e85-station/

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Backward_Cinderella

Apparently there's one on Fort Bliss... feelin' pretty dumb now! Just gotta figure out which station its at up there. LOL
Old 03-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Custom User Title

Don't bother with it. The cost difference you'll pay is more than offset by the poorer mileage you'll get. I could get all technical, but suffice to say that one gallon of ethanol contains just about half as much energy as a gallon of gasoline. Your car still needs the same amount of energy to function, so you'll use more ethanol. Most people see a 30-40% drop in fuel economy when running e85. Paying $1 less per gallon won't offset this.

Also, the alcohol in ethanol isn't terribly good for your rubber fuel lines. I'd just stay away personally.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 GTS View Post
Don't bother with it. The cost difference you'll pay is more than offset by the poorer mileage you'll get. I could get all technical, but suffice to say that one gallon of ethanol contains just about half as much energy as a gallon of gasoline. Your car still needs the same amount of energy to function, so you'll use more ethanol. Most people see a 30-40% drop in fuel economy when running e85. Paying $1 less per gallon won't offset this.

Also, the alcohol in ethanol isn't terribly good for your rubber fuel lines. I'd just stay away personally.
This. We tried Flex Fuel with our Ford and it's not worth the hassle, especially if you have to go out of your way to get it.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Lord Cynical

Yep, I used it for a few months but got sick of how fast a tank would disappear... so I just use normal fuel.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)