Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-09-2012, 11:39 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I am pretty terrible when it comes to naming anything... But Maddie's name was instant, it took no time at all to name her (Maddolyn) and start calling her Maddie, oddly enough. And even though its pretty common, it fits her SOOO well! It's perfect.
It took me a while to pick Bailey... I wanted something less common, but nothing else seemed to suit her. And then of course it took me a while to pick a spelling. I still think I should've spelled it differently, just to annoy Jess LOL

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 03-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Nope, I love all their names. Jack may be a common name especially for a dog, but I don't know any other District Attorney Jack McCoy's (confuses the receptionists at the vet every time they call to confirm his appointments). Jonas probably has the most simple name, but it's my favorite male name. When Magpie came to us her name was Magpie and I used to HATE it. I don't know why, but after she was adopted and came back she was still Magpie and I grew to love it. Shambles and Smalls are probably my favorite names.

Elsa is actually a name I find terrible, but her name sake (Elsa the Lioness) means a lot so it fits.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattina88 View Post
I am pretty terrible when it comes to naming anything... But Maddie's name was instant, it took no time at all to name her (Maddolyn) and start calling her Maddie, oddly enough. And even though its pretty common, it fits her SOOO well! It's perfect.
It took me a while to pick Bailey... I wanted something less common, but nothing else seemed to suit her. And then of course it took me a while to pick a spelling. I still think I should've spelled it differently, just to annoy Jess LOL
You're a jerk. I would have disowned you if you did that.

<3

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 03-10-2012, 02:15 AM
Original Twin

Saga's name is perfect for her and I wouldn't change it for the world.

As much as I like the idea behind the name Murray in theory, I'm not real sure if it's working in practice.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:39 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Docket is perfect for him still, especially since it rhymes with "Rocket" and allows me to joke that frankly, he's not properly filed . . . there's some motions and briefs missing, you know . . .

I LOVE Sarama's name though. It's an anglicized pronunciation of a mythological dog that was the companion to Vedic god Indra. When I first saw her, I thought she looked just like I imagined Sarama to look when I was studying Hinduism . . . and it still suits her. As does the mythological role. "Herald of the dawn." Yes, she is. (The pronunication difference is that my dog's name is "Sah-RAAH-mah" and the correct Sanskirt pronunication is "suh-RUH-muh . . . I used the English corruption because it is frankly easier to say). It does get old explaining her name . . . but its still the right name for her.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 03-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Whippet Good!

I never really liked Spencers name. I wanted to keep his litter name "Ego" but my ex refused to let me name my own dog. So, I made a list of names I tolerated and he picked Spencer out of that list. It's not a terrible name. But Ego really fits him. His nickname is still Ego, though. So, I could in theory just stop calling him Spencer altogether.

I like Dixie's name. For her. She is a rebel. It fits.

Sprouts name was chosen for her about six months before conception. When we started planning the litter, we named the puppies. Our litter theme was Harry Potter Professors and I chose her registered and call name at that time.

Our Harry Potter Professor Litter: All but Sprouts call name has since been changed by the new owners.
Sprout "Whoville Wylee Offensive Botany"
Minerva "Whoville Transfigure This"
Trelawney "Whoville I See Trouble"
Albus "Whoville Wizard of the Age"
Snape "Whoville Perfect Potions"
Lupin "Whoville Moonlight Marauder"
Hagrid "Whoville Book of Monsters"
Old 03-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Top Dog

Schaffer's name fits him. (It's German for shepherd with an extra 'f'.) He likes to herd and look after his family.

I still like Kailey's name, but I wish I had used a different spelling. It's supposed to be pronounced with a long 'i', not a long 'a'.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Obey the Toad.

I still like Sally's name and feel that it suits her. My only regret with Jack's name is that I would have liked to use it as a baby name.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:38 PM
aussiedoggie

I do! It's not very common here, and I think it goes nice with him.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:51 AM
BusterLove

I had Quinn picked out for years before I got her as my first BC girls name, it suited her from the get go and I still love it on her. It suits her "dudey" personality and I like that its still a name but not common at all.
I sometimes wish I had made her official name "Quindelin" or "Quindlay" and her nickname be Quinn.
I have lots of names picked out for future dogs aswell. I'm very picky.

For Buster it was all that ever suited him and it's still perfect on him so I love it for that.