Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLeigh View Post
I understand what you mean and I understand the frustration those who in pet stores must feel too...

If someone feeds *cheaper* food because it's all their current budget will allow that's the way it must be, there's nothing they can do...

Though the ones who just think their dog is not *worth* better food, and could easily afford it make me a bit Ill..... ESP if said dog has health issues!

It's hard to tell when someone is too embarrassed to admit that's all they can afford tho, and they may say its overpriced just to avoid saying they can't afford it....
I agree and i am probably just touchy and feeling super broke and on edge.

anyway carry on without my downing self.

i also dont like the ones whom can afford to but just dont because of there views on "just" being an animal.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:47 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
God i hope i dont get bashed by the pet store peeps when i leave. MONEY is an issue for A LOT of people. at least they are trying and not just dumping the dog.

all right i may just be touchy right now , but this really really got to me.
I don't care if people buy a cheaper food. We don't sell a lot of lower-quality brands, but the ones we do carry, enough people buy them... doesn't bother me. This situation just bugged me because the impression they gave me was that their dog really SHOULD be on California Natural, because he is allergic to breathing and this is the only food he's done well on. They talked about what horrible condition he was in until they found a food that worked for him. So, it was a little upsetting because I feel like I can guarantee the issues are going to resurface now. At the end of the day they're not really saving anything if his health issues crop back up and he has to get treated for them.

But, again.... I pass no judgment if you check out with a bag of Diamond. Or if you admit that you can only spend X amount of money. It just frustrates me when it's an animal with known issues.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013