Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 10-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Show Dog

That is not what I meant, however, it seems as if a majority of people think it to be the exact opposite. I love all dogs equally.

Old 11-17-2005, 01:26 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
I have two mutts (Colby is Canaan Dog and JRT, Tippy is border collie and German Shepherd), and one purebred (Mayberry, chocolate lab). I love them all equally, and find them all to be incredibly smart, sweet, and beautiful dogs. I don't prefer one of my mutts over my purebred, or my purebred over my mutts. I love them all because they've all got awesome personalities.

But I think if you're looking for a family pet, why not drop by a few local shelters? There are a ton of dogs that need homes - about five million dogs are euthanized in American shelters every year. 750,000 dogs and cats are gassed to death in Lousiana annually. A lot of these dogs are purebreds.
I like your point... over 7 million are put down in the U.S. a year alone. Again, I am not going to bash the good breeders here, only the bad ones who obviously don't visit this site. But, I agree, enough is enough..my thoughts....until there are no shelters needed, or at least decreased by 50%, and yes, a lot are purebreds but alot of mutts also.