Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 03-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Top Dog

Thanks Cloudcandy. Maxi, I bet you're right...that it could well show up a little differently in different dogs. Thank you JM...I'm going to take a look at those videos and see if they're any different or better than a few I looked at earlier and will read the article too tomorrow a.m. when I have more time.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Active Pup

My mom's little pug mix sounds exactly like the OP when he reverse sneezes. The vet has heard him and checked him out and says that's all it is and not to worry about it to much.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Top Dog

Both my dogs reverse sneeze on occasion, Gavroche more so than Logan. I think with them it's allergy related. There are a BUNCH of dogs that board that do it when they go outside because they're excited, or sometimes because the air is cold.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Love my pets

I'd be interested to see what you vet says.

One of my dogs almost sounds like he has congestion he's trying to cough up. I'm thinking it's with the pollen starting outside. When he was younger, he had kennel cough and almost went into pneumonia; he was getting really sick but luckily recovered.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Active Pup

You may want to use a harness instead of a collar if not already using one. Small and toy dog owners use harness b/c of the dog's delicate trachea. We use harnesses on all of our Yorkies.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltret0294 View Post
You may want to use a harness instead of a collar if not already using one. Small and toy dog owners use harness b/c of the dog's delicate trachea. We use harnesses on all of our Yorkies.
I definitely use harnesses on those little wee dogs. But in my dogs' case, their trachea problems are not due to injury, but to the oft inherent trait in these little dogs.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson