Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-01-2012, 07:00 PM
maxfox426's Avatar
maxfox426 maxfox426 is offline
My dog tickles my soul
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 3,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
You forgot the missing wall decals!
Now now, I can't confirm that's the cats. LOL! I just highly suspect it.
Once I find the dang thing, THEN I'll know whodunnit.
__________________
Cynthia
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-01-2012, 07:07 PM
ravennr's Avatar
ravennr ravennr is offline
ಥ⌣ಥ
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oakville, ON
Posts: 2,314
Default

I don't mind the destructiveness, no. I've been researching the larger hybrids for years, but we've just never had the cash to support a purchase like that. I'd love to train a cat that actually has some sort of drive to do something. Rock doesn't respond to a **** thing, LOL. His toy drive is VERY selective and he doesn't get excited about food (not that you'd think that by looking at him). He fell asleep once when I was trying to get him associated with a clicker.

I've been looking into Chausies more recently, too.
When we get our next cat, whatever it may be, I assume we'll be out of where we live now. If that's the case, I intend to deck out our home for cats. Ledges and posts everywhere. Ha, it's like people preparing for a toddler to me.
__________________

My Polyvore
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-01-2012, 07:28 PM
maxfox426's Avatar
maxfox426 maxfox426 is offline
My dog tickles my soul
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 3,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravennr View Post
I don't mind the destructiveness, no. I've been researching the larger hybrids for years, but we've just never had the cash to support a purchase like that. I'd love to train a cat that actually has some sort of drive to do something. Rock doesn't respond to a **** thing, LOL. His toy drive is VERY selective and he doesn't get excited about food (not that you'd think that by looking at him). He fell asleep once when I was trying to get him associated with a clicker.

I've been looking into Chausies more recently, too.
When we get our next cat, whatever it may be, I assume we'll be out of where we live now. If that's the case, I intend to deck out our home for cats. Ledges and posts everywhere. Ha, it's like people preparing for a toddler to me.
That's all good! I just wanted to make sure you were aware that they are crazy, both good and bad. Lol!
__________________
Cynthia
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:46 PM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,123
Default

What's your other cats name? Why can I never remember it?!

OH wait.. Whitacre, right?
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-02-2012, 11:59 AM
~Dixie's_Mom~'s Avatar
~Dixie's_Mom~ ~Dixie's_Mom~ is offline
♥Chloe & Violet♥
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 8,112
Default

LOL! I'm never letting my dad read this, because it's why he won't let us have cats (mostly the clawing of furniture and the puking, but also the peeing/pooping on/in things randomly). I, however, love them. <3

But I do think it'd be nice to rescue a cat from a shelter that's been declawed. I wouldn't declaw a cat myself, but if it were already done and I were to rescue it, I admit it would be nice to have a cat that didn't claw things or people...lol
__________________
Lauren
Don't fear tomorrow.


Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-02-2012, 12:11 PM
maxfox426's Avatar
maxfox426 maxfox426 is offline
My dog tickles my soul
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 3,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
LOL! I'm never letting my dad read this, because it's why he won't let us have cats (mostly the clawing of furniture and the puking, but also the peeing/pooping on/in things randomly). I, however, love them. <3

But I do think it'd be nice to rescue a cat from a shelter that's been declawed. I wouldn't declaw a cat myself, but if it were already done and I were to rescue it, I admit it would be nice to have a cat that didn't claw things or people...lol
Peeing/pooping on random things is a problem I've never had with a cat. I don't know if I've just had the right kinds of cats in my life, or if I've accidentally come across the secret to perfect litterbox skills. LOL

Also, to be fair, the Kitty Boy Brothers have NEVER clawed a person. Okay, I take that back. Whitacre scratched my brother across the face once, BUT he did it because my brother cornered him inside a TV box and scared him half to death. LOL! Ticheli won't use his claws on people to the point that our vet uses him as the "practice angry cat" for all the new vet techs. He makes all the noise of a pissed off cat, with none of the actual fighting spirit. LOL!
__________________
Cynthia
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-02-2012, 01:00 PM
nikkiluvsu15's Avatar
nikkiluvsu15 nikkiluvsu15 is offline
Wild At Heart
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Florida
Posts: 1,794
Default

When Phoebe was extremely naughty, I swore I was never EVER getting another kitten/cat because she was so terrible. However, now that she is only naughty (and not extremely ) I miss having a cute kitten around!

When Harleigh got fed up with Phoebe's annoying/crazy antics, she simply held her down with her paw... like so. LOL


But then she has her cute moments... I mean seriously, how can you stay mad at this face for long?!


Now this, THIS is a face that drives me insane. The cat is so stubborn and annoying... I just know he is going to outlive us all - just to spite us. haha! He has his moments though.


Tigger and Phoebe like to do photo-bombing of fighting... as evidenced by this picture (ignore the disgruntled Harleigh!)


I can't decide if life would be dull or peaceful without cats
__________________



Harleigh <3
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-02-2012, 01:27 PM
maxfox426's Avatar
maxfox426 maxfox426 is offline
My dog tickles my soul
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 3,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvsu15 View Post
I can't decide if life would be dull or peaceful without cats
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


You put it into much better words than I could.

And your photos are awesome! Very descriptive of each personality. LOL
__________________
Cynthia
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-03-2012, 07:17 AM
Barb04's Avatar
Barb04 Barb04 is offline
Love my pets
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 27,027
Default

But they LOVE you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-03-2012, 07:27 AM
maxfox426's Avatar
maxfox426 maxfox426 is offline
My dog tickles my soul
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 3,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
You forgot the missing wall decals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfox426 View Post
Now now, I can't confirm that's the cats. LOL! I just highly suspect it.
Once I find the dang thing, THEN I'll know whodunnit.
I FOUND THE CAKE!!! It was stuck to the inside of the curtain, a place I'd checked about 1000000 times already. (PS: this is a wall sticker, not a real cake. LOL)

It may or may not have been done by cats, but I shall blame them anyway.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb04 View Post
But they LOVE you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is very true. LOL!
__________________
Cynthia
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site