Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-28-2012, 11:21 PM
orange iguanas.

Default I need a day OFF.

I'm so tired! I hate having two jobs. I haven't had a real day off in... over a month. Otherwise, every.single.day I am working either one job or the other or both. And I'm now scheduled for 6 days in a row at one job and it'll total out at 40 hours even though I'm only part time BUT technically it is split between two different weeks so it's all fine and dandy. RAWR.

Monday was supposed to be an easy day. Only had to work one job. 2.5 hour shift. But no, I had to schedule a working interview for that day that lasted 8 hours. Today was also supposed to be an easy day but I had to wake up, bring Juno to the vet, get ready for another job interview and do that, then go to work.

My first FOR REAL day off isn't until next Wednesday, and knowing my luck I'll have another crappy something-or-other scheduled so I won't be able to enjoy it...

I'm enjoying the paychecks but good God. I need a little predictability and relaxation in my life. I don't even know what day it is anymore half of the time.

Sorry for ze rant.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Resident fainting goat

Take a mental health day and fake sick!

If either of those jobs are in the food industry especially, come up with something contagious lol trust me.. they'd rather you not come than risk infecting people lol

If not then I would just do the good old death in the family line.

The way I see it, taking a good mental health day is a great way to recharge and come back to work refreshed instead of drained and cranky!! lol
Old 02-29-2012, 09:23 AM
MIiA

I feel for ya. I did that for 3 or 4 years (f/t + p/t for work-weeks averaging 60-70 hours) and it does take a lot out of you. The only saving grace was I could keep my weekends clear.

It takes a while, but you eventually get used to it. And when you scale back to one job, it'll feel like you have more free time than you know what to do with.