Lets talk babies

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Diapers I always liked huggies. The pampers always felt wet on the outside whenever we used them. I didn't like the pampers wipes either.

Why did you name your kid/s their names?
Brian actually picked out the name Hannah. We had boys names picked out EARLY but I was drawing a blank for girls names and then one day we were just driving around and he said "What about Hannah for a girl" I loved it right away and that's what stuck. her middle name is Marie. marie is also my middle name and it was my grandmothers name (she passed away when I was 8 years old). Plus Hannah marie just has a nice ring to it.

Was your baby born on time, or was he/she born a little late or a little early? She was born late. I was induced a couple days after my due date due to low fluid levels

Are you happy with how many kids you have now, or do you want more?

On the fence. If we had a second child I would be happy (but NOT in this house... there is just no room for another child in this house) but I would also be happy if Hannah was an only child. I go between the two quite often. If we do have a second it probably won't be until Hannah is a bit older. I'm enjoying the preschool phase WAY too much and I'm just not ready to split up my time and focus yet. When she's a bit older and more independant of me and not wanting me around all the time... that's when I'll want a second child lol.

ETA: uhhhh... half my post disappeared lol I did have answers for the first questions but now they are gone lol

Miakoda

Best thing about babies? As long as there is love they are really resilient. What he needs MOST is his mama to take care of herself, best thing for him.
This. :) He's going to be just fine.

When Carson was 2 weeks old, Cole was put into the Pediatric I.C.U. due to viral encephalitis (he had a mosquito-born version similar to West Nile, but wasn't WN). I was heartbroken because I had to make a decision of which child to stay with. I knew Carson was healthy and not knowing what was going to happen with Cole, I chose to go with him. Carson initially stayed with my cousin, who had 5 kids of her own and whom I trust with all my heart with my kids. Then my mother-in-law and my mom kept him at home. I did commute back and forth when I could, but Cole went psycho when I wasn't there (he was sedated much of the time, so I timed my trips home at those times). I missed out on 2 weeks of Carson's life because of this (Cole actually spent a week in PICU, only to be readmitted with severe rotovirus 2 days after coming home...that was another 5 days in the hospital). But with all that said, Carson turned out just fine. :)

And I know everyone loves slings, but I'd like to share that putting Cole in a sing almost killed him. I thought that a sling would be perfect for me to wear to keep Cole close when moving about the house and when out and about, but no matter how he was position, he was closed in and could not get oxygen. He also sweated like crazy when in it. I tried 3 different slings, and had numerous people help me with it. Maybe it was because of his small preemie size, but whatever it was nearly caused him to suffocate. I refused to even try slings with the other two.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
You ready , I have a lot of kids! lol

Your favorite:
Diapers~ Sav-A-Lot Brand called ~ Tickles . They are cheap and soft and DO NOT LEAK . EVER , through 3 kids I have never had a leak.
Formula~ Enfilmil w/iron
Snacks~Caleb = Fruit , Jacob = Chips , Virginia = apples , Victoria = Oranges.
Baby Food~Never bought it , just purred what we ate , spices and all.
Baby Toy~with all 4 they had favorite rattles that lit and crinkled or made some other obnoxious noise. Now they are older , it is always the dang box the toys come in.
Baby Gadget~I did not do gadgets , But the adjustable highchairs where a god send with the girls.
Bottle~ Playtex drop in. I had 1 bottle for each kid the entire time they where on the bottles , takes less room.

Now on to the other stuff.

Why did you name your kid/s their names?
Caleb = Character from the old show "American Gothic" Dante = Yes I was reading it while I was prego.
Jacob = Hubby picked , I could not figure anything out Donovan = sounds good with his first name
Virginia Rose = Hubby mom name , she died the year we got together.
Victoria = Only other ''V'' name i liked Rae = My granny middle name (she was mad when i did not name her Sally Rae)

Was your baby born on time, or was he/she born a little late or a little early?
Caleb = 39 weeks 1 day ~ 9.0lbs 21 inches long~. Was contracting and did not feel it on last check up. Went to get induced , did not dialate . Bunch of painful stuff infliceted on me , Then had to do emergancy ultrasound due to the little dude turning into the breach position. C-section cut did not heal properly (got infected) and had to have it heal from the inside out , which means bandage changes 2x's a day foir 4 months. HORRID EXPERIANCE
Jacob = 40 weeks 1 day~9.1 lbs 20 inches long~ Planned c-section new doc did it perfectly and fixed my scar while sewing me up. healed clean up no problems.
Virginia and Victoria = 40 weeks and 1 day ~Virginia = 8.0lbs 18 inches , Victoria was 5.2 lbs and 18 inches ~ 40 weeks on the head with scheduled c-section. Girls where predicted to be 4 lbs each , both born health and we all went home 2 days later.

With all 3 pregnancies , I worked until 1 week before my due date. The boys I went back to work within 1 week , The girls I actually had a job with maternity leave and was able to spend 8 glories paid weeks with them.

Are you happy with how many kids you have now, or do you want more?Yes extremly happy , The four I have had have 4 other step siblings also , so my family is full and complete. AND I HAD MY TUBES , TIED , CUT , BURNED AND CLIPPED.

In all I did not want kids ever , I was convinced the world did not need little lucy's running around , but then I got pregnant and my whole world shifted. Now I am extremely blessed to have the life I do. It is HARD to provide for them all , But They are my future and worth every thing .

And I know everyone loves slings, but I'd like to share that putting Cole in a sing almost killed him. I thought that a sling would be perfect for me to wear to keep Cole close when moving about the house and when out and about, but no matter how he was position, he was closed in and could not get oxygen. He also sweated like crazy when in it. I tried 3 different slings, and had numerous people help me with it. Maybe it was because of his small preemie size, but whatever it was nearly caused him to suffocate. I refused to even try slings with the other two.
If you dont mind, I am very curious about this. I was very active in babywearing groups, forums, etc and only heard of this issue with the padded tube slings being sold at Babies r us etc. What kind of slings did you try? Were they all the ring sling one shoulder type? What positions did you use? Not trying to say "Oh if you had tried this it wouldve worked"....I am asking in case I run into a similar issue.

I honestly couldve not made it with out my carriers as my babies were both high needs and needed to be in arms all the time. So scary that you had that experience.

Danefied

Best thing about babies? As long as there is love they are really resilient. What he needs MOST is his mama to take care of herself, best thing for him.
Yep!
Vanillasugar, just getting caught up on your ordeal and wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts from one mama to another! ((hugs))

I had preemie twins and could not have survived without babywearing. We started kangarooing in the NICU, and continued on at home. I do know what you mean about it being difficult to fit a preemie properly in a sling. We were gifted a “sling†with a braced back part and it was beyond worthless for preemies. There is a difference between slings and wraps. The wrap I ended up using is simply one long piece of cloth like a scarf only wider. No backing, no inserts, no “support†and worked beautifully. Now they have them with a tie thingie (that’s the technical term I’m sure :)) but mine we just tied in a knot.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Mia - that is sooooooo cute that one kid named the other. I love Carson's name. I can never find a cute baby name that I like, plus goes with Wayne. But Carson is so cute. My step sister's husband's cousin's son (whoo lol) is named Carson and he is the sweetest thing ever.

Tanya - I think you and your hubbybutt should have another baby in like 3 years and then Hannah can help out :D

Bogart - I did not know you even had kids LOL And 4 at that? That's awesome. I love love love that name Victoria.

I am finding it very easy to come up with girl names, but holy moly boy names are kicking my butt. I am a planner so I like to plan ahead, but I know once I get pregnant, the name list will change 1000 times.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
Mia - that is sooooooo cute that one kid named the other. I love Carson's name. I can never find a cute baby name that I like, plus goes with Wayne. But Carson is so cute. My step sister's husband's cousin's son (whoo lol) is named Carson and he is the sweetest thing ever.

Tanya - I think you and your hubbybutt should have another baby in like 3 years and then Hannah can help out :D

Bogart - I did not know you even had kids LOL And 4 at that? That's awesome. I love love love that name Victoria.

I am finding it very easy to come up with girl names, but holy moly boy names are kicking my butt. I am a planner so I like to plan ahead, but I know once I get pregnant, the name list will change 1000 times.
My family is full.
You can call me Lucy also! lol
Between Chris and I we have 8 total.
25 yr old ~ his first son
24 yr old ~ his first daughter
both of those are grown on there own , although the son has some mental challenges and lives with his bitch azz mo....... I mean his mother. The girl is really his niece but she looks to him as her dad and he treats her as a daughter.
Now on to whom actually lives with us.
Cyle = 21 yr old college guy trying to grow into a man ( Chris son from previous)
Nick = 20 yr old bum trying to stay a kid forever( Chris son from previous)
Caleb = 12 yr old eplieptic buy , living life like he is in a movie ( My son from previous)
Jacob = 8 yr old Epitiome of all thing boy , His first sentence "I like being dirty" I kid you not. (chris and I first kid)
Virginia & Victoria = 3 yr old twin girls (chris and i last kids ever thank goodness lol) Ginnie = all things girly girl , Torie = ALL things tomboyish .

I used to have a siggie with them all in it but need to update it so I just took it off.

Kids = the best thing to ever happen to me. While Caleb was an ooppsss and turned my world around , I would not ever change anything. well i would win the lottery but i dont have control of that! lol

EDIT~~~ I could not come up with any girl names when i was prego with Caleb. If he would have been a girl the name would have been Nola because that is the last thing my dad told me on the way to hospital. lol.
I could not think of any other ones either , except i was dead set on no junior names.

Miakoda

Greenmajick, I'm not sure of the brand. It came from a motherhood/infant boutique. It was NOT the Infantino one from BRU that made the news for the same issue.

I've still got it around here somewhere. When I cone a Ross it, I'll let you know.

I want to make sure everyone knows I'm NOT against baby-wearing. I think it's a wonderful thing. I'm just sharing my experience with slings. I did have a front carrier that held them in the proper positions (not sure of that brand either, but it wasn't one that held babies by the crotch, but rather in a seated position). I used that a lot with Cole and again with Cooper. Carson was not a fan of those things.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
My family is full.
You can call me Lucy also! lol
Between Chris and I we have 8 total.
25 yr old ~ his first son
24 yr old ~ his first daughter
both of those are grown on there own , although the son has some mental challenges and lives with his bitch azz mo....... I mean his mother. The girl is really his niece but she looks to him as her dad and he treats her as a daughter.
Now on to whom actually lives with us.
Cyle = 21 yr old college guy trying to grow into a man ( Chris son from previous)
Nick = 20 yr old bum trying to stay a kid forever( Chris son from previous)
Caleb = 12 yr old eplieptic buy , living life like he is in a movie ( My son from previous)
Jacob = 8 yr old Epitiome of all thing boy , His first sentence "I like being dirty" I kid you not. (chris and I first kid)
Virginia & Victoria = 3 yr old twin girls (chris and i last kids ever thank goodness lol) Ginnie = all things girly girl , Torie = ALL things tomboyish .

I used to have a siggie with them all in it but need to update it so I just took it off.

Kids = the best thing to ever happen to me. While Caleb was an ooppsss and turned my world around , I would not ever change anything. well i would win the lottery but i dont have control of that! lol

EDIT~~~ I could not come up with any girl names when i was prego with Caleb. If he would have been a girl the name would have been Nola because that is the last thing my dad told me on the way to hospital. lol.
I could not think of any other ones either , except i was dead set on no junior names.
Good heavens of mercy thats a lot of kids but my heart was fluttering when I saw yall had 8 between yall LOL

I have a almost 12 girl names and only 2 boy names LOL I need more boy names.
All of your kids seem so adorable. And Victoria... seriously love that name lol

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
YEAH I still get a head ache if I really think about it! lol, Chris is 10 year older than I and had his first kid at 18. I was 20 when Caleb was born.
I still can not name anything , I get to much into it , Like every name I came up with had a reason it was not good , the Initials spelled something , or did not sound right and melodic together , and the ever famous what could this name be turned into to be used as a taunt in school. I will stab someone who sings to me "Lucy in the sky with Diamonds" And my initial LTRU sound like a hillbilly radio station call sign. uggg I get tense just thinking about it now and the only thing i will be naming in the future are fish! lol

Paige

Let it be
Diapers - Pampers or cloth.
Formula - Briggs has used the walmart brand Parent's choice since I stopped breastfeeding at 6 months
Snacks - We will eat anything since eating solids
Baby Food - he's never eaten baby food. just normal food
Baby Toy - He has a slide in the house that he loves.
Baby Gadget - I own a lot of baby carriers. A stretchy wrap, a wovenwrap, a mei tai, two soft structured carriers and a ringsling. I love them all.

Why did you name your kid/s their names? I wasnt too stoked on it but it was the only name that didnt get taken off the list by the time he was born. After three weeks he needed a name so he became Briggs.
Was your baby born on time, or was he/she born a little late or a little early? He was born 3 days before his due date.
Are you happy with how many kids you have now, or do you want more? I'm pregnant with #2 and I'd like to have a 3rd in my late 20s.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Diapers - Pampers or cloth.
Formula - Briggs has used the walmart brand Parent's choice since I stopped breastfeeding at 6 months
Snacks - We will eat anything since eating solids
Baby Food - he's never eaten baby food. just normal food
Baby Toy - He has a slide in the house that he loves.
Baby Gadget - I own a lot of baby carriers. A stretchy wrap, a wovenwrap, a mei tai, two soft structured carriers and a ringsling. I love them all.

Why did you name your kid/s their names? I wasnt too stoked on it but it was the only name that didnt get taken off the list by the time he was born. After three weeks he needed a name so he became Briggs.
Was your baby born on time, or was he/she born a little late or a little early? He was born 3 days before his due date.
Are you happy with how many kids you have now, or do you want more? I'm pregnant with #2 and I'd like to have a 3rd in my late 20s.
Oh gosh I forgot you were preggo again! <3
So exciting. I will live through you until I get preggo lol

I can honestly say I've never even heard of the name Briggs until your little man. Its very unique and adorable.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I never used a carrier except for a very few times. I had that sling that was recalled (LONG after I got it and tried it) and I put it on and put Hannah in it one time for about 2 minutes and realized that I was just NOT comfortable with that thing. I never tried another sling after that.

I then tried one of those front carriers but I hated that thing lol. it made me overheat, I couldn't get it on with and get Hannah in it alone and it hurt my back. Hannah didn't like it much either.

She was a boppy baby. she was content to just hang out in the boppy pillow or if we were out she was in her carseat in the stroller facing me and she liked that. usually fell asleep... PLUS all the bonus storage space in the bottom of the stroller lol. We actually still use that stroller from time to time. It is one of those graco travel systems and the stroller is huge so we still use it when we go to Disney lol.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I never used a carrier except for a very few times. I had that sling that was recalled (LONG after I got it and tried it) and I put it on and put Hannah in it one time for about 2 minutes and realized that I was just NOT comfortable with that thing. I never tried another sling after that.

I then tried one of those front carriers but I hated that thing lol. it made me overheat, I couldn't get it on with and get Hannah in it alone and it hurt my back. Hannah didn't like it much either.

She was a boppy baby. she was content to just hang out in the boppy pillow or if we were out she was in her carseat in the stroller facing me and she liked that. usually fell asleep... PLUS all the bonus storage space in the bottom of the stroller lol. We actually still use that stroller from time to time. It is one of those graco travel systems and the stroller is huge so we still use it when we go to Disney lol.
I must invest in one of those super strollers when I have a baby lol

Can you post a link of the one you have?

Romy

Taxiderpy
Diapers Cloth mostly, I really love prefolds with snappi closures and wool covers. Fuzzibunz makes some good stuffable easy diapers though. I'll use disposables for trips out of the house though, and for that I like the Target brand. They're just cellulose inside with none of those weird chemicals, and they're really affordable.

Formula Mine are both breast fed.

Snacks When they're older I like making cheese quesadillas and cutting them into strips with scissors. It's pretty popular with the kids.

Baby Food
Doing home made food this time. My son LOVES blueberry/pear puree with cut oats. He also really likes avocado puree, it's supposed to have some really healthy fats for babies, and digestive enzymes too.

Baby Toy NARNY! Well, that's what my niece calls them. Those blankets with little heads on them? Samuel has a monkey one.

I've also been collecting nice wooden toys from garage sales for them to have and pass down to their kids some day. We've got a good selection. Both kids LOVE the wooden abacus.

Another favorite toy with both babies and the older kids is the "Bucky Ball", I think they are marketed under the name Skwish though. It is so flippin awesome. My friends have one they got as a baby toy and their kids are in high school now, it's still just as new and flexy and nice as the day they bought it. And their kids still play with it. lol

Baby Gadget These are for prefold cloth diapers, but they are sooo much easier than pins! So much easier! I <3 them!

I also got a Maclaren Triumph baby stroller. It's an umbrella stroller, but it's soooo nice. I couldn't find any that didn't kill my back because they were too short for me. This one is really easy to steer one handed if I'm walking a dog and pushing him at the same time. And it only weighs 11 lbs, which is super amazing. And I can open and collapse it one handed. It's seriously my favorite thing.

Why did you name your kid/s their names? Aurelia's name means "golden" or "borne upon the breeze". I was working as a plant tech at the time and one of my favorite kinds was a ming aralia, so we looked up the human name version of the word and really liked it. Her middle name is named after my grandma. Samuel was named after scriptural people (and*coughsamvimesfromdiscworldcough*), and his middle name is after our old neighbor who was an awesome awesome old doctor that did tons to establish healthcare for low income people in the area and won the surgeon general's award before he died.

Was your baby born on time, or was he/she born a little late or a little early? They were both a little late. My son had to be induced. If you are able to have painkillers and have to be induced...TAKE THEM.

Are you happy with how many kids you have now, or do you want more? Originally I wanted 3-5 children, but life happens and I think this is it for me.

Oh I forgot about wool...LOVED using wool when they were little. I knit all kinds of pants and shorts for my guys. Wore them all the time as newborns and then at night for pjs. Sigh, so much fun:)

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Was your baby born on time, or was he/she born a little late or a little early? They were both a little late. My son had to be induced. If you are able to have painkillers and have to be induced...TAKE THEM.
I am surprised no one else has said anything about child birth lol
I will take your advice into STRONG consideration.

I was induced with my first....wish I hadnt allowed it as she wasnt ready. I did no epidural and made it 20+ hours before getting one (and then it was still another 10 before I had her...sigh). Induced labor is harder for sure but for me, I still did not want to add the risk of the epidural until I felt I absolutely had to.

Members online

No members online now.