Lets talk babies

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
So since there seems to be a bit of baby talk on here and a TON on Facebook, I thought it would be cute to talk about babies.
Anything and everything babies.

Your favorite:
Diapers
Formula
Snacks
Baby Food
Baby Toy
Baby Gadget
Feel free to add anything else :)

Why did you name your kid/s their names?
Was your baby born on time, or was he/she born a little late or a little early?
Are you happy with how many kids you have now, or do you want more?

For those of us that don't have kids:
Do you have names picked out? If so, what are they?
Boy or Girl?
Preferred month for having said baby?

For those of yall that don't want babiess:
Why don't you want kids? (You do not have to answer this, I am just being curious is all and I don't want to step on any toes about this).

If you want to add anything else, feel free. :) :popcorn:

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Since I don't have kids, I will answer the second section.

- Yes. For a girl we have Alexandra or Abigail (so far lol), we plan to have the girl's middle name be Lynn after my grandma.
For a boy we have Braedon or Nathaniel. We plan for the boy's middle name to be Wayne because its a family name on TJ's side. Just every man in his family, on his dad's side, since his great great grandfather has the middle name Wayne.

Boy or Girl?
-We both want a boy. We might be in luck with that because TJ has a 4:1 boy to girl ratio in his family lol
But we will be very happy with whatever we get.

- Fall. September-October. I love everything fall, so I thought why not add a baby in that time frame.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I can only answer these ones

For those of us that don't have kids: Do you have names picked out? If so, what are they? Boy or Girl? Preferred month for having said baby?

If we were to have a girl: Kaidence Marie
If we were to have a boy: Thomas Ryan

We'd both prefer a boy for our first, but we'd be happy either way.... As for preferred month... Not sure really... Maybe October or Novemberish?

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I can only answer these ones

For those of us that don't have kids: Do you have names picked out? If so, what are they? Boy or Girl? Preferred month for having said baby?

If we were to have a girl: Kaidence Marie
If we were to have a boy: Thomas Ryan

We'd both prefer a boy for our first, but we'd be happy either way.... As for preferred month... Not sure really... Maybe October or Novemberish?
I LOVE Kaidence, seriously love it.
I have been trying to find some unique baby name sites, but everything is so original.
YAY we can have fall babies together, lol.

So since there seems to be a bit of baby talk on here and a TON on Facebook, I thought it would be cute to talk about babies.
Your favorite:

Diapers - Cloth for sure...I used BumGenius and others. Super cute, cheap and better for babies bottoms:)

Formula - dont use

Snacks - hummus, apple slices, freeze dried fruit and veggies, list goes on

Baby Food - never used. I dont like the idea of them personally...went straight to soft chunks of real food.

Baby Toy - hmmmmm, not sure

Baby Gadget - for me? A good soft cloth carrier for sure!!!! I prefer a mei tai, but ring slings, wraps, ergos, etc are all must haves for me.

Why did you name your kid/s their names? We picked the name Lilah years before even getting married. Cian, well, his middle name is Wolfgang but my mom hated it. Cian was my second choice and grew on me and just really fits him.

My daughter, well, technically she was born on time but from when I thought I should be due knowing when I conceived (and from my first tests) she was about a week "early" My son was 10 days past his due date (which matched my date too lol) (Have a hard time with late and early as so many people are caught up on due dates forgetting that they are ESTIMATES! The two weeks before and two weeks after are still "on time" and totally normal. Even more is still ok)

Are you happy with how many kids you have now, or do you want more? I am done....DH is late on getting his snip snip but its on the list

Last edited by a moderator:

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Several of my mom friends *swear* by their soft structured carriers - Ergo and Beco seem to be high on their lists. My BFF likes her Moby wrap for infancy and then the Ergo once they are big enough to not need the insert. I know that one or all of these items will be on my list when we have a kid!

Ergo:

(and can I just say that a man babywearing is super hot?! LOL Soooo glad DH has said he'll wear our munchkin!)

As for me, no kids for another several years so I'll answer those questions.

Names: none picked out yet! I keep a list but DH and I haven't looked at it together at all.

Boy or Girl? I'd really love a daughter, DH would really love a son, but of course a healthy happy baby regardless of gender is our preference. LOL

Month? Anytime other than July/August/September - I don't want to be heavily pregnant during the summer! Ideal would probably be May/June.

M&M's Mommy

Owned by 3 mutts
Diapers: Pampers. It's much softer than Huggies and holds better.

Formula: Breastmilk for 18 months!. I did have to supplement with Similac Advance Shield after she turned 1 :)

Snacks: Cheese, yogurt & fresh fruits. I do not let her drink any sodas or eats any junk (chips, candies, etc..) yet & do not plan to do so, until she's old enough to buy them for herself! Hopefully by then, she doesn't like them :)

Baby Food: Katie eats a variety of food and is generally not picky, so I have yet figure out her favorite :)

Baby Toy: Beside her dolls and stuffies, she loves anything that makes noise, can be twisted and turned, taken apart and put together!

Baby Gadget: I'm a minimalist when it comes to baby gadget. I have a crib, highchair, swing & baby-to-toddler rocker.. and that's about it. What she uses most is the rocker!! The crib is a hand-me-down gift, or else I wouldn't buy it because Katie co-sleeps with us & the crib is just sitting there gathering dust. We do plan to use it for our 2nd baby, because our bed is not big enough for 4!!

Why did you name your kid/s their names? Her Vietnamese name means "Precious Blessing", which is the most fitting name for her. Her English name is her Saint name. She was named after Mary the Mother of God, and St. Catherine of Siena.

Was your baby born on time, or was he/she born a little late or a little early? Katie was born a day after her due date, so I'd say she's right on time!

Are you happy with how many kids you have now, or do you want more?Children are beautiful gifts from God. We are so happy with the one we have right now, and hope that we'd be blessed with one (wishfully two) more :)

Last edited:

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Awww yall make me mushy :p

Stardogs - He does look HOT LOL

I have been looking at baby names. Especially boy names. We are pretty set with the 2 girl names we have now, but holy moly boy names are so hard lol.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Well, the things I had planned and had wanted changed pretty quickly.

Feeding: I'm still heartbroken that I can't breast feed but fighting to live and see him grow up comes first. The 10 days that I was able to breast feed was a dream, we had no problems whatsoever. Even now he's a blessing in that he will eat anything! 4 days into birth he got formula at the hospital due to my health issues, then I was told I could feed him and switched no problem for 10 days, then it went south and back on to formula. He's had one meal that I had of frozen breast milk, and has had one meal of a friends frozen breast milk tonight, both no issue going between that and formula.

1st month: We originally wanted 2 weeks alone, just the 3 of us, getting to bond as a family and learning a bit of a rhythm. That did NOT happen in any way shape or form. First 4 days of his life he was in the hospital even though he is perfect. Then 10 days where we might have been at home but were incredibly busy with visitors that I didn't have a single moment with him alone. Then back in the hospital this one out of town, and he spent 2+ weeks living there as a family. I worried so much about having a healthy baby in the hospital for so long. Also we're only now starting to get into some semblance of a routine with him. He's now spending weekdays at a hotel with us and just weekends at home. I worry so much how this is going to affect him.

Diapers: Another thing that changed! LOL I wanted to use cloth, but Matt's aunt bought us MONTHS of disposable diapers, it's silly not to use the ones that we've got so many of!

I'm really hoping that we can start to get into a TRUE routine entirely at home at the end of March when we're done this hotel/home cycle. I'm also hoping that he's young enough that this isn't damaging him!

I'm really hoping that we can start to get into a TRUE routine entirely at home at the end of March when we're done this hotel/home cycle. I'm also hoping that he's young enough that this isn't damaging him!
Best thing about babies? As long as there is love they are really resilient. What he needs MOST is his mama to take care of herself, best thing for him.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Well, the things I had planned and had wanted changed pretty quickly.

Feeding: I'm still heartbroken that I can't breast feed but fighting to live and see him grow up comes first. The 10 days that I was able to breast feed was a dream, we had no problems whatsoever. Even now he's a blessing in that he will eat anything! 4 days into birth he got formula at the hospital due to my health issues, then I was told I could feed him and switched no problem for 10 days, then it went south and back on to formula. He's had one meal that I had of frozen breast milk, and has had one meal of a friends frozen breast milk tonight, both no issue going between that and formula.

1st month: We originally wanted 2 weeks alone, just the 3 of us, getting to bond as a family and learning a bit of a rhythm. That did NOT happen in any way shape or form. First 4 days of his life he was in the hospital even though he is perfect. Then 10 days where we might have been at home but were incredibly busy with visitors that I didn't have a single moment with him alone. Then back in the hospital this one out of town, and he spent 2+ weeks living there as a family. I worried so much about having a healthy baby in the hospital for so long. Also we're only now starting to get into some semblance of a routine with him. He's now spending weekdays at a hotel with us and just weekends at home. I worry so much how this is going to affect him.

Diapers: Another thing that changed! LOL I wanted to use cloth, but Matt's aunt bought us MONTHS of disposable diapers, it's silly not to use the ones that we've got so many of!

Oh wow that is a lot of change.
I know he is so lucky to have you and your hubby. Yall are such gret parents, that I can tell, he is so blessed.

OT- But I am still praying for you Nilly. I cannot wait until you are better and we can see pictures of that beautiful boy of yours :)

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Diapers
Pampers. We used the newborn size Huggies and they were just fine, but I definitely prefer Pampers since then. I don't even really have a good, defined reason that I can put my finger on... I just do.
Snacks
We are barely starting finger foods, but so far little pieces of pancakes/waffles are a hit. :p
Baby Food
We've been making our own baby food. MY favorite is the applesauce. Justin's favorite is carrots.
Baby Toy
OMG SOPHIE THE GIRAFFE LINKY LINK
We laughed every time Amazon suggested this toy, and Amazon suggests is EVERY TIME you look at any baby-related products. LOL! Then we got one... and I don't know if we could live without it.
Baby Gadget
BabyBjorn Babysitter Balance. (And no, we don't use it as a "babysitter". Justin just loves to bounce.)

First name: because we liked it. Middle name: after my late father
One week late.
I am happy, but also want more. LOL

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Diapers
Pampers. We used the newborn size Huggies and they were just fine, but I definitely prefer Pampers since then. I don't even really have a good, defined reason that I can put my finger on... I just do.
Snacks
We are barely starting finger foods, but so far little pieces of pancakes/waffles are a hit. :p
Baby Food
We've been making our own baby food. MY favorite is the applesauce. Justin's favorite is carrots.
Baby Toy
OMG SOPHIE THE GIRAFFE LINKY LINK
We laughed every time Amazon suggested this toy, and Amazon suggests is EVERY TIME you look at any baby-related products. LOL! Then we got one... and I don't know if we could live without it.
Baby Gadget
BabyBjorn Babysitter Balance. (And no, we don't use it as a "babysitter". Justin just loves to bounce.)

First name: because we liked it. Middle name: after my late father
One week late.
I am happy, but also want more. LOL
Awww the giraffe is adorable lol

BTW pancakes sound amazing right now.

Grab

Diapers: We used Pampers, then Huggies for a bit when he was in a weird growth phase, now Pampers again. Our favorites were actually Bum Genius cloth diapers, but we didn't get any more once he outgrew them, as they're a bit pricey. We keep suggesting people buy them for him for birthdays and holidays, but apparently no one wants to buy diapers
Formula: Once he switched to formula, we went with Similac
Snacks: he snacks on fruits and such, no particular brand
Baby Food: big fan of the pouches of pureed fruits and veggies. Clive's picky about foods and it's one thing we can usually get him to eat. Even though he's mostly off 'baby' food, we keep these on hand

We had a list throughout the pregnancy of names we liked, and eliminated them as time went on. We ended up liking two equally, and chose one after he was born. I think we chose best, lol. As for reasons, we just both liked the name. (Clive) His middle name is the character from a book that my husband read. I vetoed the family middle name from my husband's side, because I think naming traditions are silly.
One week early
I'm not really a kid person, so one is fine with me

stafinois

Professional Nerd

Your favorite:
Diapers
Formula
Snacks
Baby Food
Baby Toy
Baby Gadget
1. Pampers
2. Mostly breathed, but some enfamil
3. Cereal
3. HyVee was her fave
4. Exersaucer
5. Boppy pillow
Sydney
NICU preemie
One child is good

B

Backward_Cinderella

Your favorite:
Diapers: Cloth all in ones... my home made ones are pretty awesome, but I like Fuzzibuns too.
Formula: The kind my body makes
Snacks: Baby mum mums
Baby Food: home made :)
Baby Toy: She loves her exersaucer
Baby Gadget: those mirrors that you can focus right on the car seat? Yeah, those are awesome. Also, her Snugli. I miss wearing her, but she doesn't tolerate it now that she's BIG WALKERRRR!
Feel free to add anything else

Why did you name your kid/s their names? Brohnwynn Alexandria-Ranee (Winnie for short) We did Brohnwynn because when I was about 28 weeks along I was watching Food Network Challenge and Bronwin Webber made the most fabulous cake I'd ever seen... I lusted after that cake the entire rest of the time I was pregnant, I loved the sound of the name Bronwin but wanted to spell it to be a little more unique, so we agreed that if we had a girl, her name would be Brohnwynne, we ended up dropping the E at the end to fit onto her social security card LOL. Alexandria is my little sister, Ranee is my favorite cousin's middle name, and since we weren't planning on more at the time, she got all the names we wanted, LOL. I had also forgotten that Breeze's little girl, Bev was supposed to be Bronwin (I don't know if that's the way she was going to spell it or not, but yeah) and felt a bit of an ass when she told me MONTHS after Winnie was born. *facepalm*
Was your baby born on time, or was he/she born a little late or a little early? I was induced at 37 weeks 6 days because my water had (from the doctor's best guess) broken and she had no fluid to live in, but I wasn't contracting.
Are you happy with how many kids you have now, or do you want more? We've talked about more... we've talked about being done. All I know is if we had another it would very likely be through adoption, my body doesn't do the pregnancy thing the way its supposed to.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Ok I got to be honest, I didn't even know some of yall had kids unless had something in yalls siggy here or if I know you and follow you on facebook lol

I am really liking cloth diapers, I've been researching them a bit, thanks to Annie :D

GipsyQueen

Do you have names picked out? If so, what are they?: I've had names picked out since I was like 5 or something - but they've changed over the years. One name has stuck though:
Emma Melai
Oddly enough Emma is also my Great-Grandma's name. She hates her name though and calls herself Emmie. ;) I love the name - and it really bothers me that its so popular.
I have a few others picked out though for girls:
Naima Sophie
Evelyn Alexis
And for a boy:
Aaron Levi
Aiden Levi
Boy or Girl? Girl - but it really doesn't matter, as long as he/she is healthy. :)
Preferred month for having said baby? August/september

Locke

No kiddos yet, but I would like to have or adopt in about 6-10 years.

My names list includes:
Girls:
Avery Eden
Avery Zia
Devin/Devon
Calla

Boys:
Cole Gryphon
Liam Zane
Liam Stratis
Ryan Shane
Shaun Peter

Miakoda

Your favorite:
Diapers

Pampers Swaddlers for the newborns; Pampers Cruisers for the larger babehs. Cole was the only one of mine who could wear Huggies and not leak. But with my kids, I noticed that you could smell pee with the Huggies. ewww (I tried about every brand/store brand on the market, and they all leaked with my boys.) I also only use Pampers wipes. Any other brand makes my boys' bottoms break out in a horrible rash.

Formula

I pumped with Cole & Cooper, but with Cole I also used the Engamil Preemie and Nutramagen formulas. With Carson and Cooper, I used Similac Sensitive.

Snacks

Graduates Puffs, apple wheels, and lil' crunchies! And of course, cheerios. I also fed the Oh Baby! yogurts.

Baby Food

Earth's Best was my favorite for their variety, but I also used Plum Organics, Gerber's, and Beech-Nut.

Baby Toy

Hmmm....not sure if I have just one favorite. The simple rattle with beads in both ends by Bright Starts was a fave of all 3 of mine (easy to grab and hold).

Baby Gadget

The Evenflo Exersaucer! (if this goes under this category and not the one above) That item did wonders for Cole and his gross motor delays and weak core, and all 3 boys loved being in it! It was a guaranteed 30 minutes of baby-free-hands for me. :D

Hubby named Cole (most probably because he's a "Days of Thunder" fan). I named Carson after my closest and favorite cousin who was a suicide victim. Cooper was named by Cole. No lie. :D

Cole was 2 months earlier due to preeclampsia/eclampsia on my end. Carson was born 7 days early due to a scheduled c-section. Cooper was born 3 week, 3 days early due to another bout of preeclampsia on my part.

I feel absolutely blessed. :) This is even more true when there was a time where it looked like my infertility issues would win. I would've loved to have had a 4th, but I don't dwell on it.

Boy or Girl?

For those of yall that don't want babiess:
Why don't you want kids? (You do not have to answer this, I am just being curious is all and I don't want to step on any toes about this).

If you want to add anything else, feel free. :) :popcorn:
My replies in purple.

I'd like to add that when it comes to snacks and foods, I do lots of homemade stuff as well. ;)

Last edited:

Members online