Minimalist/Barefoot Recs

Ok, I need shoes for work that feel good to be on my feet all day. I am not allowed to wear my VFF so I was looking at barefoot shoes without the toes .

So, any suggestions? I know nothing about the different ones

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Ok, I need shoes for work that feel good to be on my feet all day. I am not allowed to wear my VFF so I was looking at barefoot shoes without the toes .

So, any suggestions? I know nothing about the different ones
Seriously?! :rolleyes:

Saeleofu

I'm not allowed to wear my VFFs at work either :(

I was thinking of trying on some of the New Balance Minimas, but I don't think I can shell out that much for a pair of shoes AGAIN. But anyway, those are the best I've heard of from several people.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I've heard good things about the Minimas as well. Check birthdayshoes.com for minimalist shoe reviews - they are VERY detailed and well written ime.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I have NB Minimas. I <3 them. I have VFFs as well but I've been wearing my Minimas for about a year now, the VFFs are recent.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
My Minimas, last summer. Drying on the grass at an agility trial after a certain FLATCOAT unloaded half a baby pool on them. They are the black version...they are black not purple...cell phone picture.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
Linds - remind me again what you do for a living?

For my last 4 jobs I was required steel toed shoes and a couple of times Yep... I really needed them so I don't want to say get flip flops when you really need a boot.

M

MyHorseMyRules

She's a pharmacy tech. So unless some angry customer is planning to stomp on her toes, she doesn't need steel toed boots. And since Linds is disgustingly smiley and cheery, that isn't very likely to happen.

elegy

overdogged
I hear good things about the Minimas as well. I wore my VFFs to work yesterday because I was going right from there to agility. Four hours on poured concrete reminded me why I don't wear them to work :-/

My Minimas, last summer. Drying on the grass at an agility trial after a certain FLATCOAT unloaded half a baby pool on them. They are the black version...they are black not purple...cell phone picture.

To be honest I got all excited they had a purple like that until I read that it was just the photo

So question, do you wear them for everything or just for active stuff like agility? They comfy?

Linds - remind me again what you do for a living?

For my last 4 jobs I was required steel toed shoes and a couple of times Yep... I really needed them so I don't want to say get flip flops when you really need a boot.
Yep, like Jes said (minus the disgustingly smiley and cheerful part, it's not disgusting!) I'm a pharmacy tech so no need for steel toed boots or anything of the sort. I just have a boss who's brain tends to explode at anything new or different.

And Emily, all I can say is: George :rolleyes:

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
So question, do you wear them for everything or just for active stuff like agility? They comfy?
Agility, running, to work provided I don't have a major meeting, hiking, working around home...

If I'm wearing shoes I am wearing them unless I have a compelling reason to NOT wear them. Like I have to dress nicely and I black sneakers won't slide. Or I'm working out in the woods and it's mucky, because like VFFs they are totally useless when it comes to keeping out wet/mud.

That said, I am not on my feet all that much at work, and I am usually not doing things that involve standing in place for ages at a time. I did wear them while leash-running for the 20" agility class a month or so ago...which was about 90 dogs and over 2 hours of either standing or walking...didn't bother me but it was on dirt and I'm used to the shoes.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
If your boss will allow them golf sandals are amazingly comfortable. I loved the brand byte but it appears they were purchased/eaten by another company since I last purchased a pair. Footjoy or ecco both make pretty similar looking sandals.

If a real shoe is required - I love my Dr Scholl's Holly shoes. I've worn them on 14 hr days and while my hands were destroyed my feet and legs were perfectly fine.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Hmm I'm looking for something for work, cause I'm on my feet all day (and they don't care what I wear) but I work at a dog daycare and I'm constantly hosing the yard out. I don't mind the shoes getting wet, but do they dry quickly, and do they retain smell? We use chemicals to clean the yard plus there's all the dog fluids (yuck) that come from working at a daycare.

Do the NBs fade easily, clean well and not smell after getting wet often basically. (I'm looking for not fading, personally.) I'll probably be wearing these to see clients too.

Saeleofu

I just have a boss who's brain tends to explode at anything new or different.
Same here :wall: :wall:

I've tried Dr. Scholl's shoes in the past and they were AWFUL, the worst pair of shoes I ever had. They made my feet hurt like nothing else. Even the cheapo $8.98 shoes from Walmart are better than those.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Do the NBs fade easily, clean well and not smell after getting wet often basically. (I'm looking for not fading, personally.) I'll probably be wearing these to see clients too.
Well I ran in mine all last year though mud and river and everything else...and as I said I wear them every day...and it's been a year and they are still black. I've thrown them in the wash maybe 3 times, but mostly just hose them off when they are muddy. Mine don't smell (I wear them to work and it would be noticeable if they did) but I often wear socks with them so I don't know if that makes a difference. Mine aren't exposed to chemicals very often other than salt etc. so I don't know about that side of it. The mesh is starting to fray in one spot but I think I caught it on a piece of shale while running last summer and that stuff can be knife-like.

They come in grey too which I would guess would be even more fade-proof but would probably show stains more? Not sure. I got black because they were easier to wear at work without attracting attention.

Members online

No members online now.