Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Ok, sorry everybody who offered help only to have me drop off the face of the earth/this thread. Got a little busy with my rescue boys.

Anywho, I think I've just gotten too neurotic about crate size, LOL. But, let me explain that while Keeva fits easily into a 30" iCrate, turning around in narrow space is hard for a Corgi as opposed to a leggier dog. The shipping crate from Lindsey is roughly 28" long but very narrow, which is really what the problem is. So in my defense, that's where some of my crazy comes from, haha. She's really not very big at all for a Cardi - she just hit 19 lbs this week. It also doesn't help that she prefers to sleep crammed into the corners, making me feel like she doesn't have enough room when she's really just weird.

Now I'm thinking about the fact that Macky fits in her 30" Noz2Noz for trials perfectly - it's not generous but it's also not tight. Keeva has enough room in the N2N too, she just unzips it.

I think I'm losing it, you guys. LOL. I'm gonna order the 30 incher from EliteFields on eBay (same dimensions as the iCrate)... if she outgrows it, I'll save it for the next pup. I've put her in a 30" iCrate at work plenty of times and she has enough room. I'm just neurotic.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

I liked our Noz2Noz crate, until Lincoln ate his way free, out of both of them. XD Tsuki and both schnauzers were fine in them and never tried to escape. I haven't decided yet what to use for Charlie at trials (we're probably going to be crating in car this summer vs in the tent), but I'd really like to get the collapsible Nylabone crates. I had to borrow one this summer for Lincoln's houdini act and was thrilled he could not try to escape, or ruin it.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Wookie Collie

Finn's got an iCrate. It's his home crate and it's easy to fold up and pop in the car when needed, as compared to other crates I've tried. I want to get him a soft one eventually.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 02-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Dafuq?

You know, I have no idea what kind of crates mine are, just that they are folding wire crates. I've been using one of them for 8 years and other than being a little ugly, it still works just fine. I think the old one is a Midwest. I just swapped a co-worker crates for another one, and I have no clue what brand it is. But I've always liked my folding wire crates. I can fold them up and down in 30 seconds or less, and I got my buddy Sandra to make me an awesome cover for Loki's.

http://www.crateapparel.com/

(Sorry, shameless plug, I know. But I love her stuff.)

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 02-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

The problem I have with crate covers is Ozzy will suck them in and shred them if he's frustrated