Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravennr View Post
I have also always been afraid of victorian portraits of women and children. The ones where they look all stoic and waxy and their eyes are dead pinpoints. Eugh, shiver.
I like those portraits. I used to collect old photographs actually, I wonder what happened to all of them.

After letting us watch Jurassic Park (I was about ten I think) my dad told us to go to bed and then snuck down the stairs (in the dark, we slept in the basement) and made DINOSAUR NOISES. Like, perfect imitations of the fricking raptors. I KNEW it was him but I freaked the eff out. Lol.

Other than that I must've been a fairly un-scareable kid. The only other thing I can think of is from the X Files and I was a teenager (and slept with the lights on and closet door open for almost six months).

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-22-2012, 07:28 AM
Resident fainting goat

E.T always creeped me out..
Old 02-22-2012, 07:54 AM
Blonde Raccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
This:

http://youtu.be/72tKT0LHii8

Frig... It still makes me tremble.

ETA: Actually most of the Concerned Children's Advertiser PSAs freaked me out... Except the Don't You Put It In Your Mouth one.
I was wondering if someone was gonna post about the CCA adverts. The Don't You Put It In Your Mouth one scared me the most actually.

And some background for those not familiar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyl5Mwr84MA

TERRIFYING! I used to run out of the room whenever it came on TV.

And remember Telefrancais? Ananas always terrified me.

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:57 AM
ಥ⌣ಥ

WHOA, step DOWN creepy Pineapple!

My Polyvore
Old 02-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Blonde Raccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravennr View Post
WHOA, step DOWN creepy Pineapple!
They used to force that on us in French class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3DnoxzorYg

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Kotah BEAR

Clowns. I saw like five minutes of IT when I was younger, that did it for me.
In 5th grade we had the fire dept come to our school and do this little skit thing in the gym, they had a clown. He came walking right towards me to come up front of everyone and do the skit. I panicked, ran out of the gym, and p!ssed my pants.
Clowns are the devil. I am convinced of it.

Spiders. Daddy and I went camping A LOT when I was younger, and we went to Manatee Springs in Florida (seriously go there if you haven't, I LOVED that place as a kid). Anyways, they had a bathroom facility at the camp grounds. I woke up in the middle night and told daddy I was going to go to the bathroom (we were in a tent, and there were a lot of campers out there, so I wasn't just gonna pop a squat right there lol). So I was running through the woods and in my back of my head I was thinking "stop running, something is about to happen". Sure enough something did. I ran straight through a spider web that had one those BIG @SS banana spiders on it. It was in my hair. I had a panic attack as I was running to the bathroom and a guy was walking out of the facility and saw me panicking and he asked what was wrong and I couldn't breath and he saw a spider in my hair, and he sprayed cologne in my hair and the spider fell out of my hair, on my shoulder, then to my feet. I started tap dancing on that spider like no tomorrow lol.

Aside from not being able to have kids, spiders are my biggest fear. I hate them to the point I can't kill them. Seriously that spider F'ed my life up lol
Old 02-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Listen to Montley crew, really, really loud. Used to scare the crap outta me and I would cry.

Also, when I was younger I used to think Lynyrd Skynyrd was the devil. because his voice sounded like the Devil to my child mind lol

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 02-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Mutts to you

Horror movies... I saw the Haunting of Hill House when I was about 7 and it scared the bejesus out of me. Mom and Dad were also fans of Hitchcock, so I got to watch those movies, too. He did a heck of a lot more with suspense than the current gory horror flicks...

I still remember when I saw The Birds for the first time on TV; I was about 11 and the very next morning, when leaving the house to walk to school, discovered a migrating flock of birds had descended on the neighborhood. They. Were. Everywhere. The telephone wires sagged from the number of birds perched along them, and the noise? Geez louise! Totally freaked me out... Mom, of course, thought it was funny and made me walk to school anyway.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 02-22-2012, 04:12 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyMarie View Post
Also, when I was younger I used to think Lynyrd Skynyrd was the devil. because his voice sounded like the Devil to my child mind lol
Ha! My sisters used to call Lynyrd Skynrd by "Yelleton Skeleton" so I always thought it was a monster!

My Polyvore
Old 02-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Dafuq?

Strange item #1. Behold, Evil Otto from Berzerk, the Atari 2600 game. (I pronounced it "Oh-doe" as a kid.) He's nothing but a disembodied smiley face, but he would appear out of freaking nowhere and mess your shizzle the F up!!! I had to sleep with the door open because I would always expect to see Evil Oh-Doe appearing in the corner of the room.

Strange item #2. When I was a kid I watched Free Willy where his tank was cracked and the water was running out. They would cut to a shot of the water level measure on the side of his tank, and that always made me panic. Like I was going to drown. To this day, water depth stuff creeps me out.

I find it scarier on swimming pools than stuff like this, but you get the idea.

I mostly outgrew this because I had to, but strange toilets used to freak me out. Our toilet broke when I was 8, and it was rather traumatic. When I gained a lot of weight, I hated using those commercial toilets that come out of the wall rather than the floor, because I thought my fat ass was going to bust them.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...