Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

The intro song to The X-Files.

Still makes me shudder. I HATE IT!
I only ever saw one scene from the show, and that was because I was supposed to be in bed but snuck downstairs and peeked around the corner.

It was an opening scene where a beggar with no legs follows a fat guy into a bathroom trying to get money. He bumps his cart that he pushes himself along on against the stall door. I was SOOO scared of public bathrooms for a long time after that

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:09 AM
Sport Model Pug

This:

http://youtu.be/72tKT0LHii8

Frig... It still makes me tremble.

ETA: Actually most of the Concerned Children's Advertiser PSAs freaked me out... Except the Don't You Put It In Your Mouth one.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 02-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
When I was pretty young, like 12, I saw The Ring with my cousins, and my older cousin rewound and PAUSED IT on that dead girl in the closet. I still see that face when I close my eyes at night sometimes...
lol I was 11 when I saw it! The whole movie was scary, but I can still see that face too. When I first saw it gave me the real kinda panicky, stomach twisting fright. It doesn't seem so bad now, but the way they presented it in the movie (suspense, then sudden, brief, shocking glimpse) was just scary. lol

ETA the only way I got over that movie was to think about ways to thwart the girl... what happens if you camp out in BFE? Antarctica maybe? What's she gonna do then, climb out of a TV and crawl across 100 miles of daylit snow to find you? WHAT THEN HMM?

Off topic but I was also creeped out by It (the movie), I couldn't look at a sink or drain the same way for ages.

Oh, and there was a Goosebumps episode where some green slime was creeping up the kid's bed? Yeah, that caused me, for years, to sleep facing the edge of the bed (instead of the wall).

The only thing I can think of that still creeps me out a bit today is swimming in deep dark water. I used to be fine with it, until seeing Lake Placid. Now I get creeped out. What a stupid movie to be traumatized by

Last edited by Xandra; 02-22-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

You guys are making me not want to take the dogs outside. We just moved to the country. I started reading this thread last night and had to take the shotgun out with me just in case, because I was so freaked out.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:28 AM
orange iguanas.

This thread is actually making me Youtube all the pleasant things I remember from my childhood lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Top Dog

Dog Flea Camp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kftWoKLIhdY, the clip on Sesame Street, always freaked me out too. I watch it now and still wonder what was the point??? I felt really bad for dogs getting burned by fleas.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:50 AM
ಥ⌣ಥ

I have a pretty bad fear of clowns, I almost passed out in a Blockbuster once because I turned around and a quarter of the wall behind me was nothing but DVDs of a movie about clowns. Was not expecting it.

My fear started with It, too, like most people's seemed to. Now, I am able to get through it easily, because the ending is so incredibly horrible, and I have a great love for Tim Curry so that makes it much easier. But, the scene where she goes to her old house and has tea with the old woman still gives me nightmares. I HATE that scene.
Also, the first time I Watched this movie was with my sisters when I was around 8. They made me watch it. Their stupid friends sneaked around our house that night and started knocking on all the windows and the side of the house. I was freaking terrified.

I have also always been afraid of victorian portraits of women and children. The ones where they look all stoic and waxy and their eyes are dead pinpoints. Eugh, shiver.

My Polyvore
Old 02-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravennr View Post
My fear started with It, too, like most people's seemed to. Now, I am able to get through it easily, because the ending is so incredibly horrible, and I have a great love for Tim Curry so that makes it much easier. But, the scene where she goes to her old house and has tea with the old woman still gives me nightmares. I HATE that scene.
True that! When we watched it we were again 11 ish, and it was a 2 part VHS version. Well we watched the first half and were too scared for the 2nd. If only we knew that the 2nd half made the scariness dissipate almost immediately. As it turns out we didn't watch it for weeks or months, so we were freaked out for a while.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:18 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

I too watched the ring at age 11 or 12. It still creepy me out.

Anything horror creeps me out to be honest. I used to sneak watching goosebumps and are you afraid of the dark. They still to this day creep my out. There was an episode on tv not too long ago... ugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP3WGlDTL4A

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

http://youtu.be/GQmAZr4QxNw

Movie is Monkey Shines. I was freaking terrified of that monkey. I dont know why because it looks so cheesy right now. I dont even remember the plot just that dang monkey

and Freddy Kruger